• This topic has 75 replies, 69 voices, and was last updated 8 years ago by TiRed.
Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 76 total)
  • Brand loyalty
  • Harry_the_Spider

Never had much brand loyalty with the bikes. I get what I can afford: 2 x Specialized, 2 x Scott, 1 x On One, 1 x Planet X, 1 x Cannondale.

However practically all of my kit that I’ve paid full price for is Endura. Apart from the “poppy catch” blip on the short a couple of years back it has never let me down.

What are the constants in your life?

chakaping
    Free Member

Planet X / On One socks – usually bought to push an order into freepost and I have so many that I’ve started wearing them day-to-day as well as for riding.

Nice and easy to pair-up too. Win-win.

nickc

Shimano gears. Tried SRAM but TBH, Shimano is just better.

ODI ruffian Grips

chakaping
    Free Member

Oh yeah, and Shimano groupsets.

gonetothehills
    Free Member

Specialized gloves, Northwave Shoes and Pearl Izumi shorts – all the way.

Bikes from all over the place over the years, but there’s been a lot of On One frames in there.

Harry_the_Spider

Oh yeah, and Shimano groupsets.

+1. And pedals.

davosaurusrex

Turners. Been on them since 1997. Had a blip with a Marin and a Specialized but soon went back, had 5 of them now.

Also a fan of shimano groupsets and shoes

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Time pedals. Am fairly open about anything else, but clipless pedals are Time.

teesoo

I seem to have a fair bit of Endura clothing (apart from some sealskinz socks). Another one for Shimano groupsets here.

chestrockwell

Orange bikes with Shimano since 1992. Mistakenly got a GT XCR around 1999 but soon went back.

eddiebaby
    Free Member

Shimano drivechain and brakes for preference.

rone

Turner, Hope, Miele, Shimano, Fox, Thomson, ODI, Some hand picked Sramness based on 1×11.

I can’t imagine a better bike for me than my current Czar. Had a few SC and enjoyed some Salsa stuff too.

aP
    Free Member

Time pedals, Rudy Project prescription cycling glasses, assos, swisstop brake pads, Hope disc brakes, Fi’zik saddles, Campagnolo Chorus, SRAM x0, rapha…

M6TTF
    Free Member

Time pedals, although my current are crank bros as they were on stupid cheap. Not as good as time though

rickmeister

Time pedals, hope brakes, ibis frames, mavic wheels

Anything else is a mix and match of whatever is about.

scotroutes

Clothing: Almost all Endura and Gore (both fit well, are robust and comfortable)
    Drivetrain/Brakes: Always Shimano. (it bothers me that fewer manufacturers fit it a standard these days)
    Saddles; Specialized BG 143 (although Spoons are a cheaper, if not so long lasting alternative)
    Pedals: Cranks Brothers (controversial)
    Walking shoes/boots: Salomon (the last just happens to fit my feet well)

deluded
    Free Member

Cove, Thomson, ODI, SDG, Maxxis, I like Shimano and SRAM equally but for different reasons, Rockshox.

Stoner
    Free Member

Shimano brakes and pedals
    Met helmets
    Spesh BDG gloves and shoes.

And until this year (s/h Canyon Nerve), er a fleet of On-Ones 😳

Harry_the_Spider

Always Shimano. (it bothers me that fewer manufacturers fit it a standard these days)

Big factor when buying my last bike. The Shimano equipped one won.

cinnamon_girl

Gore Bike Wear and Hope.

weeksy

Both ducati and KTM. I have owned 40 bikes in last 7 years, 14 of them have been one or the other, I never quite feel right unless I have one or the other, happily for me, I currently have both!

Onzadog
    Free Member

Turner frames, Hope hubs and brakes. Easton bars. Everything else is open to consideration.

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

Alfa cars…

Quad power amps

Turner frames

Middleburn cranks

Hope hubs

matt303uk

Endura Hummvee shorts seem to be the only thing with a reasonable run of consistency in my cycling history (prefer the old style Hummvee with chunky clip). Oh and my collection of On One frames Geared Inbred, Scandal and C456 (current ride)

Alex

Endura and Gore for clothing
    Shimano for brakes and transmission
    Maxxis for tyres
    Used to be hope for hubs, BB and headsets but not so much nowadays
    RaceFace for bars and stem
    Rockshox for droppers and rear shocks

fd3chris
    Free Member

I love Chromag frames and I have one I doubt I will ever sell. Their bars saddles and stems are my favourite by far too. I guess I’ve owned more Yeti frames than I should of too.

onlysteel
    Free Member

Time pedals, Hope discs, Giro helmets.

Thrustyjust
    Free Member

ODI Rogues for me on the fleet. Bikes , used to be Konas , many moons ago. Now a variety, although liked something off the mainstream, seem to had gone back to them, with 3 Cannondales, although have 3 On Ones, a pipedream, Dolan road bike. I hated Shimano for being where they were, so bought british while I could, although I have almost emptied the Hope (less) stuff now and stick with Shimano , including pedals, which I used to use Times.
    Used to use Sidi shoes , which I still have one pair, but as I get older and my feet get fatter, Italian shoes are getting tighter, so again Shimano win there with their wide ones.

cookeaa

Shimano drive and braking parts, other than that most of my purchasing decisions are driven by budget more than brand…

NorthCountryBoy
    Free Member

Turner frames I’ve had since 2003 tried an Ellsworth for a while but went back to turner had about 5
    Usually a VW or 2 in the drive.

khani
    Free Member

Time pedals
    Shimano cranks
    Giro helmets (they fit)
    Fox forks and shocks (I like em, no other reason)
    Crossmax wheels (same reason as Fox)
    Stans fluid (everything else I’ve tried has been shit)
    Hope and Formula brakes (I can bleed and fix em and make em last an age)

maxtorque

If you ride in the UK, then Endura just seems to be the choice that consistently ‘just works’. Never the coolest brand, but after experimenting with others, i keep coming back to Endura stuff 😉

tomhoward

For mtb… (Currently in use)

Santa Cruz frames (x3)
    Easton carbon bars (x3, up to about a dozen over the years)
    Thomson stems (x3)
    Rockshox forks (x4)
    SRAM 1×11 (x4)
    Shimano brakes (x3 pairs)
    Maxxis tyres (x3 pairs)
    Reverb stealth (x3)
    Hope hubs (x3)
    SDG bel air (x2)
    Troy lee xc gloves (lost count)

For road, my 2 bikes have 4 brands between them.
    Trek frames/bontrager finishing kit/wheels
    Shimano gears/wheels/pedals
    Continental tyres
    Fsa headsets

Clothing wise my cycling wardrobe is like a collaboration collection between Rapha and morvelo, with a few token TLD DH pjs

I knows what I likes and I likes what I knows

cheshirecat
    Free Member

Easton bars – road and MTB
    Shimano pedals – all bikes
    Shimano groupsets – all bikes, including disc brakes on MTBs
    Gore waterproofs
    SDG saddles – all bikes
    Specialized BG gloves

Everything else is a bit mix and (mis)match

catfishsalesco
    Free Member

Shimano brakes, drivetrain & pedals
    Cane Creek headsets
    Shimano (PRO) finishing kit

Nipper99
    Free Member

Middleburn cranks, front rings and spiders (3 sets). Shimano pedals and drivetrain and shifters.

Northwind

Cotic, they make great bikes and they’ve gone way above and beyond for me, several times in fact.

Mostly though, is it loyalty? Formula brakes, DT hubs, shimano drivetrain, specialized and maxxis tyres, rockshox forks but I buy them because they work, not because I have any affection.

zero-cool
    Free Member

Hope Hubs.

IdleJon

It occurred to me this month while ordering a Vaude backpack that in 20+ years I’ve never used a hydration pack other than a Camelbak. That’s probably as loyal as I’ve ever been to any brand, bike or not.

Endura has been mentioned a few times – I’ve never had a huge amount of luck with them. Local shops stock it and so I’ve had quite a few bits over the years but I don’t like it much. (Poppers don’t work, seams come apart, holes develop in the merino tops in random places..)

dirtyrider
    Free Member

3x ENVE Bars
    3x ENVE Seatposts
    2x ENVE Stems
    1x ENVE MTB Wheelset
    1x ENVE Road Wheelset

1x Empty Wallet

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 76 total)

The topic ‘Brand loyalty’ is closed to new replies.