Home Forums Bike Forum Brake lever throw adjustments. Part 0 of ???

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Brake lever throw adjustments. Part 0 of ???
  • munkiemagik
    Free Member

My Magura MT7’s have a long lever throw. I would like to try and reduce that if at all possible.

The point of all this: I would like to have the levers closer to the bar (I don’t have bear paws) but still have the brakes engage quickly without having the levers touching right onto the bars or smacking on my knuckle

I have started a series of questions I hope you guys can find the time to look at and weigh in on. I will interlink all the threads when I can make sense of the jumble in my head.

I haven’t got my MT7’s here (on way to Magura currently) which is why I’m asking you guys as I have a plan and need to work out the finer points.

Anyone who has MT5’s or MT7’s I assume you all have a similarly long lever throw?
    With the BAT and Reach adjusters all the way out (so maximum lever throw).
    Measuring from the handlebar out to lever blade tip;
    My lever starts at 75mm and I don’t hit bite-point until 50mm. So I am getting 25mm of lever travel (give or take a few mm with these numbers its approx) before I engage the pads on the rotor.
    What are your experiences? Are those numbers within the general range?

Also can anyone tell me from theirs how much of that lever travel up to the bite-point is split between free-stroke and pad-gap-stroke? IE how much initial lever travel is used BEFORE the pistons actually start moving towards the rotor?

With my MT7 after hitting bite-point the lever pulls ‘fairly’ easily all the way down to the bar hence I’ve sent them to Magura to be inspected. And I am most definitely not a Captains of Crush level 4 champion!

Next: Part 1 of ???

munkiemagik
    Free Member
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

The topic ‘Brake lever throw adjustments. Part 0 of ???’ is closed to new replies.