• This topic has 11 replies, 10 voices, and was last updated 15 years ago by aP.
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Bradley Wiggins
  • taxi25
    Free Member

Probably the worst excuse I’ve heard for a professional sportsman on pulling out of an event !!! Being 117th couldn’t have anything to do with it.
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/other_sports/cycling/7937266.stm

andywhit
    Free Member

Yup, that’s pretty lame.

MrNutt
    Free Member

I disagree, fair play to that man, clearly the welfare of his family is of greater importance to that of the opinions of idle “supporters”. I think his decision is commendable and he’ll have probably thought long and hard about it.

ajf
    Free Member

A man goes to support his wife in a time of need. why is that lame?

Would you just leave you wife/girlfriend to it when they need you? Or are you single and lonely people?

taxi25
    Free Member

I’m sure we all wish his wifes Gran all the best.But its a lame excuse full stop.He’s a pro cyclist with a job to do.It sounds like he was fed up with Paris/Nice and just wanted out.

ajf
    Free Member

You could be right, he could have known about the situ but wanted to have a go at a good position in the race, he messed up that chance therefore why continue when his time spent would be more valuable at home?

Why continue a race with no chance of winning when the wife is going through a tough time and needs her husband?

Then again, maybe he just wants to get home to watch amir khan fight tonight?

RudeBoy
    Free Member

Then again, maybe he just wants to get home to watch amir khan fight tonight?

Or to watch highlights of Liverpool’s impressive win against Man U at Old Trafford, on MOTD….

Maybe if he’d been better placed, he might not have pulled out, but I think he’s doing the right thing. As MrNutt said. And ajf.

project
    Free Member

When you have a loved family member ill and at deaths door, the least you can do is pay your respects in there dying days and support the rest of the family.

Its only a bloody cycle race, another will be along in a few weeks,

steve_b77
    Free Member

Taxi for Taxi I think, clearly you have little in the way of compasion for others adn their feelings.

You don’t know the circumstances, you don’t know the family, infact you have very little knowledge of the situation bar a short report on a website.

JoB
    Free Member

i’m sure Mr Wiggins’ D.S. knew what he was doing when he let him go

uplink
    Free Member

Maybe the reason he was 117th was his mind was on other things – his wife’s state for example?

aP
    Free Member

Maybe he finished the prologue feeling a little disillusioned at being beaten by a climber and the home news was the final straw.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Bradley Wiggins’ is closed to new replies.