Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Bottom Bracket v Crank compatibility – BB92 and SRAM x11 crank options?
  • agentdagnamit
    Free Member

Looking for simple explanation….

My bike was shipped with a BB92 bottom bracket, with e13 TRS cranks (that need replacing).

If I go for SRAM kit, do I need a GXP bottom bracket? And just make sure I get a 92mm version? Really confused about BB Standards currently.

Looking for a fairly cheap 30t single ring bottom bracket and crank option.

fd3chris
    Free Member

I just bought an old frame with bb92 ans it had sram cranks on it before. To fit my shimano cranks I had to install 1mm top hat seals to take up the gap that the old gxp cranks had left. So on that basis I think you do need a gxp 92mm pressfit bb.

eshershore
    Free Member

something like this is well worth considering:

http://wheelsmfg.com/bottom-brackets/bb86-92/bb86-92-bottom-brackets/bb86-92-outboard-abec-3-bb-for-24-22mm-sram-cranks-black.html

uses angular contact bearings and good sealing- stock SRAM uses radial bearings with poor sealing = short life and constant replacement

toppers3933
    Free Member

yes you need a gxp 92mm press fit bb.

fd3chris
    Free Member

My frame came with a kcnc one which seems to get pretty good reviews. God knows how you remove it though.

agentdagnamit
    Free Member

Thanks. Almost clicked “buy” on a GX crankset before realising it was Boost 148 and so needs its own specific cranks.

Jeez, swear this used to be easier….

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Bottom Bracket v Crank compatibility – BB92 and SRAM x11 crank options?’ is closed to new replies.