Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Boris Johnson Gets Monstered On TV
  • rossi46
    Free Member
    rossi46
    Free Member
    MrWoppit
    Free Member

I must have been watching a different programme. To me, Mair came across as a patronising, pompous BBC careerist (also see his ludicrous “interview” with Sinead O’Connor last time he was on the AM Show).

Boris did well to remain good-tempered in the face of piffling accusations of the kind that are normally the sort of thing that the likes of “The Sun” like to blow up out of all proportion into the sort of vacuous rubbish that’s usually, post-publishing, pursued with legalities by the injured parties.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

in the face of piffling accusations of the kind that are normally the sort of thing that the likes of “The Sun” like to blow up out of all proportion into the sort of vacuous rubbish that’s usually, post-publishing, pursued with legalities by the injured parties.

No one disputes the fact that Johnson was sacked from the Times or the Tory front bench for lying, so I don’t know where you get the “piffling accusations” from.

rossi46
    Free Member

“piffling accusations”

Quite serious accusations for a mayor of London and for someone who may wish to stand as PM one day…
    Mind you, don’t all politicians lie in one way or another?

cranberry
    Free Member

The BBC dragging up old allegations against a popular and successful conservative – who’d have thunk it ?

TijuanaTaxi
    Free Member

popular and successful conservative

Not a phrase you hear very often

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

The BBC dragging up old allegations against a popular and successful conservative – who’d have thunk it ?

Would you care to explain why that might be ?

I do love a good Murdoch/Daily Mail fueled conspiracy theory which claims that the BBC is run by marxist revolutionaries 😀

And I wouldn’t get too carried away with how popular Johnson is – he won the London mayoral election with a 3% point lead over Livingstone, hardly an earth-shattering political landslide.

jimw
    Free Member

The berlusconi of London.
    Even with him owning the press, Italians have seen through him, same will happen here.

bloodynora
    Free Member

So Boris owns the press like Berlusconi hmm ok…. Didn’t win by a landslide but then thats democracy for you

😉

jimw
    Free Member

Ah, I should have been less concise.

Off course Boris doesn’t own the press, but most of the media is right leaning and so tend to support him, hence the hysteria in the DM over the Mair interview. Eddie Mair is unpleasant to most people so he could perhaps have been better prepared.

He has problems with extra marital affairs, is economical with the actualite and is considered a clown. Just like Silvio. since the vast proportion of the UK population don’t live in London he is currently an irrelevance.

rossi46
    Free Member

But look, he rides a Marin- so he must be allright after all 😉

allthepies
    Free Member

Cranking the big ring, go girl!

Sancho
    Free Member

I find most political interviewers these days are shite and dont really do a very good job of asking intelligent questions they are all looking for a headline and to be the next paxman it does nothing to educate the watcher about the real issue of the day

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

You say that as if Paxman was a bad interviewer Sancho. I would imagine that most viewers of Newsnight like the way Paxman grills politicians and gives them a hard time.

The last thing I want is as completely pointless interview by a timid interviewer who allows politicians to avoid questions which they don’t want to answer.

kimbers

have to agree, politicians are so prepped by spin doctors and pr men that it takes a paxman to get something other than the official party line repeated robot fashion ad nauseum

Sancho
    Free Member

You are not getting what I mean.
    Paxman was good yes but started to descend in to squabbling over crap
    Most current interviewers dont even get basic answers on current topics then start stupid discussions with no relevance

kimbers

that interview was fair enough if you cant answer the tough questions go on GMTV

he has previous on making up quotes to suit his arguments too

http://www.guardian.co.uk/environment/bike-blog/2012/oct/04/boris-johnson-cycling-accident-statistics-wrong

Dobbo

Most current interviewers dont even get basic answers on current topics then start stupid discussions with no relevance

True, you listen to R4 Am show and you get Humphries repeatedly asking the same question, usually not letting the interviewee reply, just so he can get the soundbite he wants so they can use on the news throughout the day. He’s a total PITA especially when he puts he pained voice on trying to lay on how concerned he is.

binners

Compare and contrast….

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uwlsd8RAoqI[/video]

Not something that Tony was ever going to risk being on the receiving end of. Oh no…. we’ll go for the journalistic titan that is….

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l1SGsi_reos[/video]

Phillip Scholfield!!!! 😆

Lest we forget, we apparently live in a democracy. And thus our ‘leaders, or in this case wannabe leaders, should be held properly to account. There are some noticeable politicians (Alex Salmond is another one!) who seem, through various tactics, to deflect attention from their actual policies and behavior. Bozza has got away without suitable in-depth scrutiny for far too long.

I do wonder if Dave supplied the questions 😀

allthepies
    Free Member

I liked the bit where Boris corrected Mair on the correct pronunciation of the name “Darius” 😆

kimbers

http://www.guardian.co.uk/media/2013/mar/25/boris-johnson-bbc-interview

borris’ dad is sticking up for him against the nasty bully

BermBandit
    Free Member

Watched it live. BJ does a good act as the affable bumbling British eccentric. However, he was caught out completely, utterly and simply did not answer the questions that were posed to him. He was given ample opportunity to do so, but just couldn’t offer up answers of any credibility.

1) Fired by the Times for making upa quote (lying/cheating)
    2) Lying to the Party leader over an affair (lying/cheating)
    3) Providing priviliged information to a mate so he could get a journo beaten up. (criminal act)

Just what Eton and the great British public school system teaches one eh? suprised he didn’t send a Fag to take the beating for him.

Seemed incredibly ironic that the Winslow Boy was being covered shortly after.

Lifer
    Free Member

Liked, most interviews are glorified press releases (what’s the point in that) and looks like that’s what Boris was expecting. Ha ha.

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)

The topic ‘Boris Johnson Gets Monstered On TV’ is closed to new replies.