Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Boring house heating q…
  • alexxx
    Free Member

I’ve just moved into a new apartment in France and it doesn’t have any heaters – just underfloor heating. Also it doesn’t have anyway to set it on or off depending on times.. just a box to control its overall temp.

Any ideas on what the best ballpark temp would be to set it to? or should I be adjusting it in the morning and at night?

Also has anyone got any ideas how efficient underfloor heating is? my place is only about 30 meters in size with a mez but is about 12-18ft high.

project
    Free Member

we had it, watch the meter spin like mad, you need to keep it on all the time as it stores heat in the floor, switching it on and off increases the power required to heat the floor.

get some oil filled rads and make sure they have thermostats fitted.

29erKeith
    Free Member

underfloor heating is generally left on all the time as it can’t response quickly like rad’s as it has to heat up a large mass

temps are generally lower afaik than you’d set a traditional rad style system. plenty on here with underfloor so they’ll be along shortly

29erKeith
    Free Member

I don’t think wet underfloor systems are too expensive to run. electric ones are though I believe

alexxx
    Free Member

Doh, I thought they may have been good on money as like you say your whole floor is a big heater that stores heat.

My meter was 32714 and now its 32731 that’s from Wednesday night to this morning – anyway I can get a rough idea on some site on how much that’ll be costing? I don’t know what company its with or anything like that so it’d have to be a guesstimate at best

alexxx
    Free Member

Not a clue if its wet or not – but I don’t have any control over the water and thats absolutely red hot all the time! there is a tank in my mez but not sure if its shared with the other 3 flats – need to find that out.

Anyone with underfloor heating got good suggestions of optimum temps to run?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Boring house heating q…’ is closed to new replies.