• This topic has 35 replies, 15 voices, and was last updated 13 years ago by mboy.
Viewing 36 posts - 1 through 36 (of 36 total)
  • Bored single mountain biker seeks…
  • 16stonepig
    Free Member

…anyone who’s willing to display any kind of passion in anything whatsoever!

No more of these “I enjoy nice lazy afternoons with a glass of wine”, “generally hanging out with my friends” girls whose “friends tell me I’m generous and fun to be with”…

Maybe it’s all getting to me too much, but I’ve seen enough of people who have no loves, passions, aspirations or goals. I don’t care what it is you love, but love it properly!

And… exhale.

Junkyard
    Free Member

Enjoy going to the gym

not from that photo you dont love 😉

emsz
    Free Member

Step away from the dating sites. LOL

16stonepig
    Free Member

I can’t. They’re like a car crash made of pringles.

iDave
    Free Member

Shall we assume you use a different username?

bravohotel8er
    Free Member

‘Body type: Average’

Yeah, maybe in Tonga FFS!

wallop

Shall we assume you use a different username?

I was wondering this also 😆

emsz
    Free Member

Boyish = Butch with aggression issues! LOL

cinnamon_girl

😆 It’s surprising how many people don’t have a hobby or interest and, in my book, that makes them b o r i n g. 🙄

lowey

Do you have kids ?

If so, take them to school and pic them up. Target rich environment. Since my wife left me, I have had 2 offers of rude behaviour from random MILF’s I have met in the playground 😳

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

I’ve got aggression issues.

It’s all part of my boyish charm. 🙂

16stonepig
    Free Member

lowey – Member
    Do you have kids ?

No, but I know where I can get some…

lowey

Even better… when they find out you are available, no kids, but love them so much you walk your friends kids to school, you will be literally drowning in Milf milt.

Sue_W
    Free Member

Guys are just as bad – ‘love the outdoors’ translates into a stroll before settling down in front on the footie, or an OCD level of fitness fanaticism that would make Lance Armstrong look laid back.

Think I’ll remain steadfastly single – means I can keep my independence and go biking / hiking etc whenever I want, as I suspect most guys aren’t really interested in an active, occassionally opinionated girl who does have their own interests! Plus I shudder at the thought of Internet dating!

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

lowey, so what, random hottie milfy tottie just walked up to you outside the school and offered to play hide the sausage? WTF?!?

lowey

I hear you Sue.. and thats my conclusion too.. bravado aside…

Had one dabble into internet dating and quite frankly it scared the bejesus out of me.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

or an OCD level of fitness fanaticism that would make Lance Armstrong look laid back.

You’ve obviously happened upon TSY’s profile then.

bravohotel8er
    Free Member

Sue_W – Member
    Plus I shudder at the thought of Internet dating!

Oh, it’s not so bad…

On Sunday I went for a drink with a girl who was into BDSM and The Cure, then tomorrow I’m meeting one who likes cheesecake and The Carpenters.

Actually, I see your point.

16stonepig
    Free Member

I’m on the verge of giving the whole thing up. It’s not like I’m desperate for an internet bride. Unless there are any deals out there.

angryratio
    Free Member

I often find myself wondering about this stuff in the odd idle moment experienced during a day at work.
    Do we actually need companionship really?

Bikes provide most of the joy in my life at the moment.

bravohotel8er
    Free Member

angryratio – Member

Bikes provide most of the joy in my life at the moment.

Not a singlespeeder then?

angryratio
    Free Member

family guy style *HA* right on cue.

16stonepig
    Free Member

Bikes provide joy and pain in equal measure. Very much like…

</Swiss Tony>

Sue_W
    Free Member

Lowey – I didn’t even get as far as the ‘dabbling’ stage – one look at a dating website reminded me of a disturbing cross between estate agent level of ‘selling’ text and a cattle market!

Bravehotel8er – is that how it works, one date after another? Not a dig at you, but personally that seems like the eqivalent of the pick ‘n mix sweetie counter! Last time I was single, it was generally one person at a time.

And my mind boggles at the thought of TSY’s dating profile!

Junkyard
    Free Member

I can collect your kids if you want Lowey 😆

bravohotel8er
    Free Member

Sue_W – Generally, I think it is.

I never went in for the whole scattergun approach in the past, but the advent of mass participation online dating seems to have resulted in the adoption of ‘New York’ style dating.

Y’know, several first dates within a short timespan, then an elimination process. I’m not saying it’s right, but it’s the way things are.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

#

Sue_W – Member

And my mind boggles at the thought of TSY’s dating profile!

Must be weird, he knocked me back

emsz
    Free Member

I think Yeti was dating 3 girls at the same time last time he mentioned it. 😕

All very cattle market, have a browse on pinksofa, smell the desperation… LOL

bravohotel8er
    Free Member

emsz – Member
    have a browse on pinksofa,

Special interest dating site for gay interior designers?

tazzymtb

I decided that if I’m ever single again I will stay a sad and lonely old man and never go near a dating site, unless there is a sudden market for fugly blokes with more holes in them than a swiss cheese and lots of tats, in which case I’m on to a winner 😆

tazzymtb

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OiSPA93VRWg[/video]

makes me giggle

bravohotel8er
    Free Member

Love that Rollins routine 😆

Junkyard
    Free Member

+ 1 very funny

mboy
    Free Member

It’s surprising how many people don’t have a hobby or interest and, in my book, that makes them b o r i n g.

That’s cos there’s too many greedy buggers like me, that stole their hobby quotas before they got the chance! That said, anybody is welcome to have some of mine (not MTBing obviously) as they’re all so damned expensive, and leave me constantly broke if I ever try to do them all!

I’ve dabbled at internet dating in the past, the real problem with it is not so much the forum for meeting other people, but the fact that you’re on the dating website in the first place. Think about it, what does it say? Well, it says, for one reason or another, you can’t meet anybody else you like in the “normal” way… Now whether that means you’re overly fussy, ugly, fat, too opinionated, crap in bed, fart under the duvet all the time, whatever… We all meet people in “normal” scenarios, the fact we’ve not been able to form a relationship with one of them is instantly unattractive! So there is an instant stigma to get over, on both sides too!

Now, the fact that most of them are as interesting as watching paint dry… Well, sorry to say, that’s most of society for you! And the younger you are, the worse it is, cos generally (and think about this, you’ll know I’m right) people only really develop any hobbies later in life. For the most part, people meet their partners/wives/husbands/SO’s relatively early, settle down, have kids etc. It’s only when their kids are in their teens, they’ve realised they wasted most of their youth, that they get a zest for life again and go out and get themselves some hobbies!

Then there’s the commitment-phobes… I know a girl who I met through a mutual friend about 2 years ago, she’s 32, quite attractive, got a sense of humour, a brain etc. Now we got introduced, and got on well straight away. We established we were both single fairly quickly, and after an hour or so of chatting swapped numbers and agreed to go on a date some time. So I called her a few days later, made plans for a date on the Sunday afternoon… She stood me up! No problems, something must have happened… 2 days later, get a text “sorry, my Dad came round to see me, he wanted to spend some time together, will make it up to you” or along those lines. Now would a quick call or text, 15 minutes before supposed to meet up, have sufficed? Anyway, against my better judgement, rearranged the date for the following weekend… And guess what, stood up again…

Now my point in all this is that at the time I was using one or 2 of the dating websites too. Now I go online, guess who’s there… Yup, she’s there, complaining she “can’t find Mr. Right” etc all over her profile… Anyway… It gets better! Cos pretty much every time I’ve gone out in town since, I’ve seen her out and about… Single, preying on loose/drunk men… Yup, she’s as loose as they come, happy to complain she can’t find Mr Right, but the only guys she wants to meet are the ones so drunk that they won’t remember who she is the next morning after a quick fumble! And she’s 32 I might remind you… 😕

Anyway… The other problem I see with internet dating is the whole ability to tell little white (or indeed stinking great big black ones) lies about yourself and get away with it. Meeting people in person is more open and honest. On the internet, people big themselves up to the point of lying their ass off a lot of the time I find, and again, this is not only unattractive but unproductive. But then again, someone who is completely honest about themselves on their internet profile does not make for interesting reading… Or if it does make interesting reading, then why the hell are they single?

Internet dating is distinctly flawed. But then so is the whole process of finding a “mate” in the first place too if you ask me. Why can’t we all just be open and honest with each other, about what we want, and how we want to get it? And for that reason, sad as it is to say, it is why I think the number of websites promising “affairs” or “no strings sex” seem to work (not that I’ve tried them, but I know people who have), cos everyone is totally honest with each other on them about what they want… Seedy as it is, they admit all they want is a quick fumble then forget the other person’s name the moment after.

Just my cheery 2p anyway… 😉

16stonepig
    Free Member

2p? Is that all?

mboy
    Free Member

2p? Is that all?

You wouldn’t guess that I’d recently been dumped by the love of my life would you!

And no, didn’t meet her on a dating site. Best I got from a girl I met on a dating site was a couple of months kind of going out with each other, before her paranoia over her ex meant she started tarring me with the same brush (he stole £10k off her!) before she developed a severe eating disorder… 😕

Viewing 36 posts - 1 through 36 (of 36 total)

The topic ‘Bored single mountain biker seeks…’ is closed to new replies.