• This topic has 73 replies, 34 voices, and was last updated 8 years ago by Gunz.
Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 74 total)
  • bontrager twentyfour12 early camping roll call!
  • ciderinsport
    Free Member

Other than me, anyone else from here heading down tomorrow to make the most of a weeks camping?

You’ll find me sitting in here (as pictured at todays Southampton Sky Ride!) so pop over and say hi!

stumpy01

Aren’t you lot the sumo boys?

We’re getting there early afternoon on Fri….

notmyrealname
    Free Member

Couldn’t get the full week off work so we’re heading down Thursday and aiming to get there for mid-afternoon.

Hopefully it won’t be too busy when we arrive as we’re supposed to be setting up a couple of big gazebos for our club’s teams.

ciderinsport
    Free Member

Aren’t you lot the sumo boys?

Yep 🙂

cheer us on when you fly by! It’s quite testing in those suits!

stumpy01

ciderinsport – Member

Yep

cheer us on when you fly by! It’s quite testing in those suits!

Is the jump of doom gonna be there? It’s about the only time of the yr my wheels get more than 10mm off the ground! 😀

bentiggerwyles
    Free Member

Can’t wait now we are going down Friday am with 2 kids in the Mazda bongo hope the weather is good!

Kryton57

DO NOT MENTION THE WEATHER!

carlphillips
    Free Member

Ha tis fair wet down here ATM…
    Gd luck to those riding

GregMay
    Free Member

We will be down late on Thursday.

notmyrealname
    Free Member

Ha tis fair wet down here ATM…
    Gd luck to those riding

The forecast was looking fairly good last week but I’m not so sure now.

Now I just need to decide whether or not to swap for a slightly more mud friendly tyre on my spare wheels.

ciderinsport
    Free Member

I can confirm it’s been a day of two halves.

I got here at 1, it was damp, grey and sweaty (the last bit was me!)

By 5 it was hot and sunny 🙂

Tomorrow i’m going to read a book and drink cider – important preparation for a 12 hour solo!

Scamper
    Free Member

Have not been for years, but will be pitching camp up on the hill above the arena. Weather looking really iffy for the Friday, nice Sat before turning again Sunday morning.

Kryton57

bentiggerwyles
    Free Member

Just prepped the trek 69er with some mud tyres just incase

Kryton57

just incase

You’ve not seen the weather reports?

I’ve packed a canoe and some paddles. But really, spares with Beavers or more likely one front spare with a Beaver here as I can’t get rim tape to stick/the Beaver to inflate on the rear.

If anyone has some rim tape (not stans, it won’t stick) going spare, please feel free to find an Alfa 159 in the solo area and I’ll shout you for it if I haven’t fixed it already.

bentiggerwyles
    Free Member

I have gorilla tape in the van if you fancy going ghetto!

Kryton57

21mm wide?

pictonroad

How does the course cope with rain? I’ve raced it 3 times but only in the dry.

Running Crossmark and Geax Saguaro, will I die?

Might bring my Bonty Mud X tyres

The agony of choice.

Kryton57

I’ll post the weather report and you can decide. Here:

pictonroad

😆 bell end 😆

Yeh but…

Does it dry out quick, it’s pretty sandy?

bentiggerwyles
    Free Member

My tape is 25mm wide im afraid and im running the bonty mud x on my hardtail

amedias
    Free Member

Depends, ‘some’ rain followed by a dry and windy spell and it dries pretty quick, lots and lots of rain and it gets very claggy in places, lethal slippy in others and just a bit slimed elsewhere…

It can never be as bad as ‘the year that must not be mentioned’

pictonroad

Mud tyres it is. On the front at least.

jay_tht
    Free Member

Better pack the mudX tyres then.

stumpy01

Looks like the field is filling up a lot already from the Facebook page update today! Don’t think we’ll get our usual spot!

mboy
    Free Member

Desperately upset about this, but GF has injured her back, her Nan is in Hospital with Pneumonia, so for the 2nd year in a row I won’t be attending… 🙁

I’ve got a 12hr pairs entry for sale if anyone is interested! It’s by far and away the best endurance event in the UK, on the best course too… See you all next year I hope!

pondo

Mud tyres? There are different types of tyres other than, say, road bike and MTB? Who knew? 🙂

Zipping down Saturday to be part of a 12 hour trio, wouldn’t wish to 24 it but DO wish I was there longer, loved it last year. 🙂

dot
    Free Member

Any course conditions updates?

ciderinsport
    Free Member

Any course conditions updates?

Mildly damp 😆

littlegirlbunny
    Free Member

It’s definitely not dusty

dot
    Free Member

Semi-slick tyres need to be removed then? 🙄

PrinceJohn

Semi-slick tyres need to be removed then?

Looking at the forecast if it is soaking today then dry tomorrow it wont be long til the course gets claggy, semi-slicks wont pick up so much sticky mud.

That’s my plan anyway

adsh
    Free Member

If anyone wants a torchbearer entry let me know.

#notdriving500milesformud

rOcKeTdOg

Been raining for the last 12 hours according to a friend camping there, sounds like mud tyres or fat bike territory to me, although following many fat bike ruts will be interesting for the skinny vwheelers!

medoramas
    Free Member

I think I’ll go against fashion and dig out the set of mudguards… 🙄

swanny853

Have the rivers burst yet? Quite sad not to be there this year, still, it can’t be as wet as 2012, right?

pictonroad

7 hours. I can’t do this journey on this weekend again. 🙄

Been the same 3 years in a row, I’m going to stay at home next year.

notmyrealname
    Free Member

Rain’s stopped a few hours ago, looks like the course had gone from wet mud when I ride it earlier today to sticky mud.

Gonna be an interesting day tomorrow.

stumpy01

Just got in sleeping bag. We are just behind the teepees on the arena side of that loop.
    Got a Salsa easy up.

It’s bloody chilly for July!

Scamper
    Free Member

Could not be arsed with a practice lap, but after picking up my mates who had, they are suggesting mud x at least to start with.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 74 total)

The topic ‘bontrager twentyfour12 early camping roll call!’ is closed to new replies.