Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • bontrager tlr flash charger users
  • pinder318
    Free Member

Looking at getting one of these just wanted to hear any users real views and if anyone has seen them cheaper than 75 quid online thanks.

jonnyrockymountain

That’s cheap, go buy one superb!!!

julzm
    Free Member

Had one since they first came out. Fantastic piece of kit. Has saved many a saturday afternoon which had been previously wasted with hours spent trying to seat a poor tyre/rim combo. Pressure gauge is also pretty accurate for a non digital one.

I’ve had one tyre blow off the rim twice in a row with it so don’t have the tyre near your face. Very funny story behind this – it had been blown up and I asked OH to check the bead had sat properly, as he lifted it up to his face to see, it blew right off the rim with a massive white flash.

mactheknife

For working on tubeless tyres its ace, for general run of the mill track pump its a pain in the arse as the chamber has to equalise when you attach it to the tyre so you lose a fair bit of air initially. Just a niggle but it gets on my wick.

Pretty accurate gauge and well built so not all bad. 🙂

pinder318
    Free Member

Thanks for the replys. Ordering one now to save using all my c02 cans everytime I swap my tyres around.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Don’t use it all the time for general duties. Lots of extra pumping to fill the chamber and the head doesn’t last well under heavy use. Other than that, they work perfectly.

legend
    Free Member

Pump, lever, ride…… ish. One of my favourite bits of kit, takes the faff out of tubeless

pictonroad

general duties. Lots of extra pumping to fill the chamber and the head doesn’t last well under heavy use. Other than that, they work perfectly.

Easy way round this. Once up to pressure flip the lever down again and the chamber stays at whatever pressure you leave the tyres at. No different from a normal pump then, you don’t need to fill the chamber first.

They’re brilliant, I got one as a surprise for my birthday, what a lucky boy.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘bontrager tlr flash charger users’ is closed to new replies.