Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Bones Brigade documentary – must watch for 80s skaters
  • atlaz
    Free Member

Watched it last night, just superb as the era of the Bones Brigade is basically my entire time skating (skill have a Powell-Peralta setup in my parents garage). Some real insights into the team and what made them tick. Rodney Mullen in particular is a fascinating guy. If you’ve seen Dogtown and the Z-Boys this is a great follow-on

Trailer here:

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XIIaJRlr6-Q[/video]

atlaz
    Free Member

Sounds a bit like an astroturf I know 🙂

Anyway, really good, definitely worth watching as these effectively are the people that formed modern skateboarding into what it is

scruff
    Free Member

Is it released on DVD or what?

I was on holiday in Newquay and Smile surfshop were playing a video in their window with Tommy G section of Future Primitive, seeing him street skate is what got me into skateboarding. I ended up skating a vert demo with Tony Hawk !

passtherizla
    Free Member

Yes Its Vey Veery good indeed.

also worth a watch if you haven’t already…

The Man Who Souled The World

vintagewino
    Free Member

it’s on netflix if you have that. I watched it the other night – also started skating properly during the bones brigade years. Mullen is definitely the most ‘interesting’ character. I remember watching him at a demo at southbank in 1989 (I think), totally mindblowing.

atlaz
    Free Member

scruff – I watched it on Netflix. Looks like it’s on DVD but not cheap (30 quid or so).

passtherizla – Rocco documentary eh. He and Mullen sold World Industries for 20M dollars and he always seemed like an interesting bloke so I’ll put it on the list.

atlaz
    Free Member

vintagewino – I think that was a random stop on the BB tour that year. I went to Romford to try to see the demo there and it was totally rammed, couldn’t get near the place.

passtherizla
    Free Member

Atlaz, Yeah Rocco is a ruthless business man… Quite hard to watch in places.

Mullan is Excellent in it.. what a guy!

vintagewino
    Free Member

rammed is about right! there were about 8 million people at southbank that day. later he went to slam to do a signing session, it took forever to get inside…

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Bones Brigade documentary – must watch for 80s skaters’ is closed to new replies.