Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Boiler broken – warranty claim issue – Advice please
  • FunkyDunc
    Free Member

Our boiler broke down last night, so this morning at 8am I contacted the manufacturer Viessmann as its under warranty.

They say the earliest and engineer can come out is Wednesday next week!

Am I within my rights to get a local Viessmann approved engineer out and recharge them, or do I have to lump it and wait?

Ta

br
    Free Member

Ring them back and suggest it, politely first. And if they still don’t budge, a bit more ‘forceful’.

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

B R but do you actually have consumer rights to do that?

br
    Free Member

No idea, but I’d ask them before ‘quoting’ consumer rights – as that’ll just get someones back up.

wwaswas

I think they probably have lots of caveats about ‘reasonable’ response times in the documentation.

3 working days from receiving the call is bad for you but not unreasonable given it’s probably their busiest time of year etc?

It’s a pain in the bum but you’d probably be lucky to get anyone local out sooner without paying a big premium (and in reality they probably sub contract the work to local guys anyway).

cynic-al
    Free Member

Check the warranty.

Funky you don’t need a right t omake a phone call!

BenHouldsworth
    Free Member

Interestingly, I’m still waiting for acknowledgement of my warranty registration for a Viessman boiler fitted back in October.

A quick Google will let you know they don’t have the greatest rep when it comes to customer service, but the boilers are generally good.

How old is yours?

cinnamon_girl

I’d be very wary of doing anything that could invalidate the warranty. Even if you had a service contract then chances are that they would not stipulate what a ‘reasonable time’ is.

mrchrispy

Worcester Bosch boiler here, failed yesterday morning with a blown fuse.
    Didn’t get to look at it until I came in from work last night, definitly dead so called them at 6.30. chap in my cellar right now fixing it, would have been earlier if I’d answered the phone this morning.

Ace service from them. Chrispy likes

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

The reason for wanting to know my ‘rights’ in advance was that they were very defensive when I first contacted them this morning, almost trying to get out of the fact its under warranty. I did wonder if the standard tatic is to say its not under warranty…

I rang a local Viessmann approved instaler earlier, he could come our tomorrow, but if it needs parts he couldn’t get them until next week.

Rang Viessmann again and they said no I couldn’t use any own engineer and recharge… Its all in there T&C’s

Just had a call to say there will be an engineer out on Monday.

I had them out before not long after the boiler was new (now 4.5 yrs old) and at that point the services was fantastic, maybe now they are more busy and there service gone downhill a bit..

The query at new was actually an installer cock up and not an issue with the boiler.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Boiler broken – warranty claim issue – Advice please’ is closed to new replies.