Home Forums Chat Forum Boaty McBoatface has a rival….

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Boaty McBoatface has a rival….
    monkeysfeet
    Free Member

https://betriton.com/

Niche. Most definitely.

PJay
    Free Member

Well it’s certainly an interesting idea, but I can’t see it catching on.

Or if you want to be fully human powered – https://www.bbc.com/news/articles/ckmg4j6mk0vo.amp

Kramer
    Free Member

It’s got the same problems that all multimodal vehicles have, the compromises involved mean that you end up with a shit bike and a shit boat.

joshvegas
    Free Member

Jesus imagine that meeting you coming the other  that on a uk bike path.

Actually it would have got stuck at the first chav gate so probably not bound for our shores.

thols2

It’s got the same problems that all multimodal vehicles have, the compromises involved mean that you end up with a shit bike and a shit boat.

Yeah, but the ladies will flock to you like flies to a turd.

for romantic getaways
    Go on a date like no other. Travel together into a quiet and calming nature. Enjoy solitude and peaceful nature regardless of the weather. Set up an open fire to cook or cook inside BeTriton. Watch a movie in the middle of a lake or read your favourite books together. Watch sunset and sunrise from an amphibious camper. Be immersed in nature and bond with your partner in the most special way.

Dickyboy

I think I’d pay good money to see that pitched on dragons den

Cougar

Yeah, but the ladies will flock to you like flies to a turd.

The problem here though is, you’re the turd.

I dunno, it’s an ingenious idea, but it rather smacks of a solution looking for a problem.  It also weighs half a ton; good luck on a gentle inline, e-bike or no.

Cougar

“incline” damn it.

sirromj

But imagine the wrath you’d incur from motorists taking it on the road in rush hour :-D

willard

What in the hell did I just waste electrons looking at? Really? A boat-trike? Sorry, but if ever I have seen a solution looking for a problem it is that.

Dear gods, sorry, but that has triggered me a bit. I just really don’t see how that is anything other than a really, really niche plaything for people that have far too much money. I’d guess that, for the price of one of those you could buy a decent bike and a boat and rent a berth somewhere until you started hating the boat maintenance.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.