Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Bluestone holiday place: Pembs – any good?
  • AdamT

Hi there, does anyone have opinions on the bluestone center parcs type place out in pembrokeshire? Any clues on what there is to do in the local area would be appreciated. Nice offroad runs would be good (probs wont have the time for long bike rides)

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Don’t know Bluestone, but I know the area very well. Some great pubs (Try the Cresselly Arms, known affectionately as the Quay), some sublime beaches (Try Freshwater West)

Lovely part of the world. Mynnd Preseli is a great walk, and you can go for beer and sarnies afterwards at Tafarn Sinc in Rosebush.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Indeed, but don’t tell everyone…Pembrokeshire is one of the finest counties on this island – just too many things to list. The sea-climbing’s excellent too!

geoffj

The facilities look OK, but it appears to be in the middle of nowhere. IMHO its preferable to be within staggering distance of a pub and shop. St Davids is very nice.

lister

Hello, I worked there for abit last year…it didn’t start well but now is getting established and bedded in. The pool is fun for kids.
    ‘fraid you’re heading the wrong way for decent off road runs, the Preseli hills are small and lovely but unless frozen or dried out for 3 summer months then are fairly pointless by bike…nice walking though.
    Otherwise you’re about 1 hour from Brechfa for some lovely big berms 🙂

Off the bike the world is your shellfish of choice…if you like the sea. Surf,cliffs,walks,beaches,nice pubs,quiet. The coast of Pembs is ace, but inland is a little anticlimatic, unless you get on a boat and head up the CLeddau estuary…secret waterway-tastic! Floating along in an open canoe with the tide at sunset can’t be beaten.

LEt me know if you want to know specific stuff about what to do.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Bluestone holiday place: Pembs – any good?’ is closed to new replies.