Viewing 40 posts - 321 through 360 (of 1,010 total)
  • Bloody hell Liverpool!
  • PrinceJohn

Impressed by the hatred & anti Liverpool sentiment that has suddenly appeared on this thread…

No matter what happens Liverpool have exceeded their own expectations this season.

From the neutral perspective surely Liverpool winning the Premier league is a good thing, pretty sure Chelsea & Man City will keep winning it for the foreseeable future & it’s in danger of becoming like Scotland or La Liga (even though it looks like Athletico might win there, provided they don’t blow it!)

grum
    Free Member

Wow there’s some very bitter people on here aren’t there.

That last 20 mins or so was some of the most pathetic football i’ve ever watched from a ‘title chasing’ team. Thats how you really throw it away.

Yeah, I guess the defence they’ve been getting away with having for most of the season has finally bitten them in the arse. Oh well.

martinhutch

It ain’t over until it’s over.

I’m a city fan, and am full of praise for Liverpool this season. Bit of half-decent early season form and they would have been home and dry already.

beagle
    Free Member

Yeah. Just like all the hate/glee at others misfortune seen on the other long standing football thread this year.

I think you could have done with a bus from Jose….

theotherjonv

They needed a favour from west ham or villa, now they need a bigger one. It ain’t dusted yet.

Although, on current form, they might need both to do them a favour, because the mighty mags are coming to poop the party next weekend!!

mashiehood
    Free Member

Have to say as a Liverpool fan, the last 15 minutes was the worst I have seen Liverpool for a long time, I can rant about Sakho v agger all night but we have been struggling since Henderson got suspended.

I still say, if anyone gave us the option of being in this position at the start of the season, I would have bitten their hand off. Great season for a team that finished 7th last year.

andymc06
    Free Member

Still a great season for Liverpool and guaranteed Champions League football. Lots of optimism about the football we play and the way our club is run, oh and our great young manager. How many of the sad, bitter people who have just come out of the woodwork can say the same about their club?

theotherjonv

Hmmmm, well run clubs with European trips to look forward to – my family’s home town team are Newcastle and my home town team are Reading. I’d swap with you any day……..

(Edit – not that I’m one of the sad bitter ones. I’d love Liverpool to do it, failing that city. Just not Chelsea)

MSP

Be interesting to see who ends the season now with most goals scored. Liverpool and City were even Stevens before tonight’s game on goals scored and matches played.

andymc06
    Free Member

I agree. Anything but Chelsea!!! 🙂

binners

You have to take your hat off to Palace though. They were quality tonight! I wouldn’t bet against them causing some more serious upsets at the top next season. It all makes for great football. I still think it’s going to go to the wire

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Wow there’s some very bitter people on here aren’t there.

It’s a football thread on STW. That’s going to happen. No point in getting wound up about it. Tonight was massively disappointing, but it was the Chelsea result what done it really…and the defence has looked shaky in the final quarter of the season. Chelsea and City choked plenty of times before they wrestled the trophy from Utd. Arsenal choke every season. Liverpool fans have to suck it up and learn to live with this one and hope for similar levels of performances next season. There’s the added bonus of European nights at Anfield without having to play in the summer for them.

Lifer
    Free Member

Bitter about what?

eruptron
    Free Member

Impressed by the hatred & anti Liverpool sentiment that has suddenly appeared on this thread…

This I believe is due to the media frenzy in favour of Liverpool who gave them the trophy weeks ago and dragged out every ex Liverpool player to lord it over us. Then the mis-informtion that only Man City have ever spent any money. Andy Carroll,Juan Sebastian Veron,louis Saurez,Rio Ferdinand etc to mention a few prove this is bias media brain washing exercise that has worked well on the weak minded masses.

MrSmith
    Free Member

Are Liverpool still banned in Europe? After all they have ‘history’

Jamie
    Free Member

Are Liverpool still banned in Europe? After all they have ‘history’

Don’t be a nob. It’s a football thread, so it’s #bantzcentral, but let’s not get carried away.

timc
    Free Member

MrSmith – Member
    it really is Newcastle all over again.

Newcastle had a 10-point lead at Christmas, Liverpool are/were in the mix towards the end of the season, nowhere near the same. abysmal shout.

nick1962
    Free Member

I still think it’s going to go to the wire

Well unless the Premier League suddenly decide to award City 4 points if they win on Wednesday then I’ll have to agree 😉

MrSmith
    Free Member

but let’s not get carried away.

Yes quite right, the fat lady isn’t singing yet…

Hadge
    Free Member

I’m a Liverpool fan, been attending since 79 so seen good times and indifferent. I’m a realist and I believe level headed too and like so many Red fans, the target was a top 4 finish which considering the squads of the top Prem teams. I thought was going to be a difficult task but hopefully it would happen. Low and behold to then be drawn into a fight off the title, it was a great blast and beyond what I expected and yeah I dreamt the good times could return. Sadly, Henderson’s sending off, our defences total inability to defend and I’m afraid to say Rodgers bad tactics, that dream of a title has gone. But win against Newcastle and its second and if City screw up, which I don’t see happening, the title could slip into our hands so I’m still smiling and still happy as there’s more than one team in the league who would love swap places with us and that’s all that matters.

Haze

Good club Liverpool, proper history etc. and they’ve had a fantastic season no matter what happens from here.

I just can’t bring myself to wish the best for a team with Suarez in it.

jambalaya
    Free Member

I’m a little surprised at the anti Liverpool comments, Suarez aside I’d much rather see Liverpool win it than City or Chelsea, City are still arguing about financial fair play and what penalty they should be subject to. You cannot begrudge Gerrard a PL title given his career and loyalty to the club.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

It’s not over and city will be reminding their players that. They have had their share of dropped points this season too. Points on the board are there games in hand need to be played and upsets happen especially at this end of the season.

cfinnimore
    Free Member

Nothing like a bit of football to bring out the ****.

On the other hand … Every. Single. Time. With. The. Throwing. It. Away…

MrSmith
    Free Member

ransos
    Free Member

They needed a favour from west ham or villa, now they need a bigger one. It ain’t dusted yet.

West Ham’s aggregate score against City this season is 1-12.

binners

Where West Ham and Villa are already, as far as their players are concerned……

😀

A bit like our lot against Sunderland on Saturday

imnotverygood

Isn’t this what Liverpool are missing?

Jamie
    Free Member

Isn’t this what Liverpool are missing?

?

portlyone

Is that a flounder?

hora
    Free Member

I’d prefer City to win it (dont flame me) but it helps Manchesters standing/stature/keeps our city’s profile up.

I pity Arsenal, WTF happened this season? They were looking good then BANG.

martinhutch

I pity Arsenal, WTF happens every season? They were looking good then BANG.

Fixed etc

binners

Where’ve you been Hora? Arsenal choked. Same as they do every season! Its as predictable as rain in Lancashire

hora
    Free Member

At what point do Arsenals Directors say ‘look we’ve bought a new stadium etc etc can you stop just qualifying us for Europe and bloody win the title again its been 11yrs!’

binners

Its called managing expectations. We’re presently still getting our heads around the concept.

Arsenal will never win the Premiership again. The collapse at the end of the season is now hard-wired into their DNA. Its a self-fulfilling prophecy

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

A lot of clubs would love the consistently that Wenger brings esp given the financial constraints and the injuries (and the link between them). Ok, he has his wobble every season when he and the team go AWOL but ultimately pulls it back in the end.

Jamie
    Free Member

Listening to Hora talking about football, is akin to being lectured on physics by a drunk chicken.

dragon
    Free Member

Here’s hoping for Man City for the win. How I hate Liverpool and how their a ‘special’ club, and life is so unfair, moan, moan, moan.

Never thought I’d have anything in common with Man U fans, but a dislike of Liverpool I can well agree with.

Rockape63
    Free Member

Arsenal will never win the Premiership again. The collapse at the end of the season is now hard-wired into their DNA. Its a self-fulfilling prophecy

What an utter crock of sh1t Binners…..you’re clearly muddling us up with the Spuds! We haven’t figured in the title race for years, let alone choked! Last year we were the fastest finishing team in the league so do try and get your facts right!

There were a number of reasons why Arsenal dropped off the pace, but choking wasn’t one of them.

Rockape63
    Free Member

Here’s hoping for Man City for the win. How I hate Liverpool and how their a ‘special’ club, and life is so unfair, moan, moan, moan.

Never thought I’d have anything in common with Man U fans, but a dislike of Liverpool I can well agree with.

I completely disagree! To want teams like Citeh and Chelski to win, shows a fundamental lack of understanding of the damage those two teams are inflicting on English football. If LFC had won, then they would have deserved it….. unlike the other two who ‘buy’ their trophys!

Viewing 40 posts - 321 through 360 (of 1,010 total)

The topic ‘Bloody hell Liverpool!’ is closed to new replies.

RAFFLE ENDS FRIDAY 8PM