Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 1,010 total)
  • Bloody hell Liverpool!
  • loum
    Free Member

Wouldn’t be surprised to see them win the CL
    Great if they get the win needed in Germany and they’re playing better away this year with the pressure off.
    They’re not out of it yet and stranger things have happened. That would really put the cat amongst the pigeons.
    would be a bit harsh on Everton/Arsenal/Other though.

suburbanreuben
    Free Member

The retirement of the most succesfull manager in their history,
    His replacement by an incompetent muppet,
    Up to their eyes in debt, with owners intent on bleeding them dry,and a monstrous wage bill of has been’s and never will be’s…
    Cherry Pie!

binners

As a united fan, I accept, like most, that this was always going to be a difficult season. To say the least. It’d be good to bookmark this thread, and see where we are this time next season. See if the bitter wishful thinking of the ABU’s about permanent decline comes to pass. Somehow I doubt it!

It’s likely that after tonight we’ll be the only English side left in Europe, despite the gleeful predictions of an arse-kicking by Bayern last week. It never happened! Because the much maligned Moyes (him without the European experience, remember) got his tactics spot on! As you could tell by Guadiolas frustration afterwards. We may well go out tomorrow, but we made more of a fist of the CL this season than any other premiership club!

And I hope that the gloating Liverpool fans realise that this is their one big shot at the title this year. Because with midweek champions league games back on the agenda next season, like their competition this year have had, that’s an advantage they won’t be able to enjoy like they have this season! Despite the giddy euphoria at the fact you’re no longer crap, You’ve still not won anything yet! 😀

andymc06
    Free Member

More of a fist of the CL than any other premiership club?

Bayern is the first decent team you have faced. One game where you played ok and Moyes is a European tactical genius.

Liverpool have a great opportunity this season but it is far from their one big chance. Enjoy channel 5 next season. If you finish high enough…….. 😆

binners

I’ve hardly said he’s a tactical genius, but I think still being very much in it, against the present holders, and predicted winners, probably deserves a bit of credit.

Unless you’re too consumed with bitterness, and wishful thinking to give him any, obviously

andymc06
    Free Member

I can spare a smidge, but that’s all it deserves!

I’m currently consumed with pride and genuine optimism at how my team is playing and how my club is being run. 🙂

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Unless you’re too consumed with bitterness…

I’m in London but I heard my ironometer just go bang in Brizzle. 😀

andymc06
    Free Member

Indeed! 🙂

grum
    Free Member

I’ve hardly said he’s a tactical genius, but I think still being very much in it, against the present holders, and predicted winners, probably deserves a bit of credit.

Unless you’re too consumed with bitterness, and wishful thinking to give him any, obviously

They definitely deserve some credit for the Bayern game but it’s only one game. They’ve had a very easy draw up until then.

And I hope that the gloating Liverpool fans realise that this is their one big shot at the title this year.

It’s a great opportunity certainly but I doubt it’s their only shot. When’s your lot’s next big shot coming up? 🙂

allthepies
    Free Member

Sure about that 🙂

Jamie
    Free Member

Well. That was inevitable.

binners

Chelski v United final then? Maybe decided on penalties? 😀

suburbanreuben
    Free Member

binners – Member
    Chelski v United final then? Maybe decided on penalties?

Your faith and optimism is touching…

Good luck tomorrow. I think you’ll need it.
    3-0 to Bayern .

grum
    Free Member

3-0 to Bayern

Nearly right!

grum
    Free Member

🙂

allthepies
    Free Member

😀 😀

Junkyard
    Free Member

theirs to lose now Title as well as match

grum
    Free Member

Another Liverpool goal and it’s pretty much all over for this game. Sensational stuff really.

Will be interesting to see how they cope with being title favourites if they do win this one.

Junkyard
    Free Member

The referee’s a scouser ….ah its like the 80’s …what next Brendan time 😉

weeksy

Don’t know about that JY. Possibly a pen yes, but more a maybe than a certainty. City came back into it with 10 to go. But. What a goal by Sterling!

grum
    Free Member

Yeah I reckon the top sides do get a bit of an advantage from the ref at home – have you heard the crowd? If only we had a manager who bullies referees too. 😉

First 20-30 mins Man City were absolutely blown away – made to look a poor side.

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Great stuff Liverpool. Listening to the kop at the start was like going back to my childhood. Dare to believe reds, dare to believe. Good fun to watch as a semi-neutral.

weeksy

Don’t talk to me about the crowd, I was watching with tears rolling down my cheeks. All of my family are cremated to YNWA and that really made me sob. There’s 3 of them who would have done anything to see Liverpool in this position after years and years without it. I’ll be raising a glass to them in an hour I hope!

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

I was choked too and the closest link I have is a FIL who went to Uni there!!!! Glad the players didn’t freeze.

Here’s to them, weeksy. If the crowd can help raise the intensity again at the start of the 2H this should be great.

allthepies
    Free Member

Yes, very emotional with the kop in full flow. And then a completely silent Anfield with the minute’s silence, no need for anyone to start clapping to mask any noise.

theotherjonv

Oooh! Suarez should be off there. And he’s still chopsing away at the ref trying to get sent off. Rodgers would do well to get him off here.

grum
    Free Member

Ok, as long as you agree that Milner should be booked for his dive just after, and all the city players swarming round the ref trying to get Suarez sent off should have been booked too.

Edit: we’ve got a game on here!

allthepies
    Free Member

Tide has turned now…

grum
    Free Member

FFS!

bearnecessities

Arse

theotherjonv

Yes, as an ex ref I’d like to see them all sanctioned. Stamp it out.

Edit – city’s for the taking now…….

mikey3
    Free Member

sturridge was so greedy in that break before citys second,a pass would have had suarez in on goal.Good good name and come on Swansea later:)

allthepies
    Free Member

Never mind, the footballing giant that is Joe Allen is on now 😉

allthepies
    Free Member

Get in!

grum
    Free Member

Bloody hell Liverpool!

This is going to be tense…

Jamie
    Free Member

Kompany is bobbins.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Bloody Hell Liverpool!

allthepies
    Free Member

😯

weeksy

Crazy crazy game!

soundb0y
    Free Member

Amaaaaaazing.

Hell that was tense.

Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 1,010 total)

The topic ‘Bloody hell Liverpool!’ is closed to new replies.