Viewing 40 posts - 961 through 1,000 (of 1,010 total)
  • Bloody hell Liverpool!
  • scandal42
    Free Member

You mean the atmosphere of a game where the home fans thought they were dead and buried and then miraculously managed to tuen around a huge deficit?

Any ground* in England would have been absolutely rocking in that game

* Apart from Arsenal and Man City

martinhutch

Nice draw for the next round too. You’d better not stuff this one up.

City vs Real for me to look forward to/dread…

grum
    Free Member

You know what binners – virtually all the Manc supporters on the Guardian comments section were gracious and full of praise for Liverpool’s win and weren’t being all cynical and bitter. You’ve bucked the trend, good for you. 😐

I also haven’t seen a single comment from a Liverpool supporter saying anything like what you’re claiming.

You mean the atmosphere of a game where the home fans thought they were dead and buried and then miraculously managed to tuen around a huge deficit?

Any ground* in England would have been absolutely rocking in that game

Yup of course, but there is something special about European nights at Anfield – I’ve been to a few. Maybe it’s something about having won 5 European cups. 😉

binners

I don’t see why I’m cynical and bitter. I just think its hilarious. Its the same every time you get more than one win on the bounce 😆

n0b0dy0ftheg0at
    Free Member

Wish I had seen it live or at least highlights, saw Liverpool were losing 2-0 and thought they were dead and buried. Great result, reminds me a little of Man Utd’s amazing turnaround against Bayern Munich in the Champions League final, albeit that was 0-2 to 3-2 IIRC in the last ~10minutes including injury time.

Junkyard
    Free Member

Dortmund’s manager said Liverpool deserved it

True and but for the last 15 mins I am sure Klopp would have said the same.
    All fans like to think they are the 12 th player for the team. how true it is in general i dont know but its hard to argue it was not a factor/helpful last night.

Dark-Side

binners – Member
    I don’t see why I’m cynical and bitter. I just think its hilarious. Its the same every time you get more than one win on the bounce

Really? Certainly on the Liverpool forums most fans are pretty realistic about our current situation and future prospects. I don’t recall seeing one “next year is our year” post at all. In fact with Leicester’s incredible performance this year, Spurs and West Ham building the foundations for success and Man City bringing in Guardiola I think it will be harder than ever to consistently finish in the Top Four, let alone win the league. Utd are 5 points ahead of us and we have a game in hand. I’d say both clubs are in a pretty similar situation.

grum
    Free Member

binners – show me an example of what you’re talking about then please.

It’s funny, Man U fans used to always go on about Liverpool fans living in the past, and caring more about another team’s failures than they did about their own team’s (lack of) success. Maybe they used to have a point.

binners

Rockape63
    Free Member

Its always Spuds fans that are talking about next year….around here!

This year they might actually be right! 🙁

mikey74
    Free Member

reminds me a little of Man Utd’s amazing turnaround against Bayern Munich in the Champions League final, albeit that was 0-2 to 3-2 IIRC in the last ~10minutes including injury time.

That was 0-1 to 2-1.

martinhutch

Won’t you find as many ‘Next Year Will be Our Year’ posts on Man Utd forums following a single decent performance from your youngsters resulting in a narrow cup win a glorious and long-lasting return to form in the crushing of West Ham?

All fans of faded, mid-table sides do it 🙂

colp

Some nice videos on t’internet of Dortmund and Liverpool fans together in town yesterday, plenty of shouting at the telly in our house from the missus.

binners

Won’t you find as many ‘Next Year Will be Our Year’ posts on Man Utd forums

You’ve not watched us this season then?

grum
    Free Member

You know what, next year….

😛

Junkyard
    Free Member

IS rafa coming home 😉

weeksy

Say what you like, Liverpool are likely to be higher up next season than this year based upon what we’re seeing at the moment. Whether they can push for a title is open to debate but there’s little doubt they’re playing some lovely football at the moment. The good thing is that the more they play with Klopp the more common the lovely football is. Under Rodgers they had brief moments of it, under Klopp it’s almost getting to be the norm.

I’m not sure if Everton were particularly terrible last night or Liverpool were just devastating, but it could have been 10-0 with ease.

senorj

I work with an Evertonian – it’s going to be a good day.
    Sahko – from duckegg to legend in a few months. Who’d have thunk it?

weeksy

Sahko – from duckegg to legend in a few months. Who’d have thunk it?

TBH I’ve always loved him, although he now seems to have lost his edge of being about 1sec away from a 2 footed tackle and a sending off. But he’s got balls, power, tackling and a great positional sense. I was more worried about Lovren who finally seems to be getting his act together and looking like a defender.

dirtyrider
    Free Member
    Junkyard
    Free Member

HARSH

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

😐

It had 0-0 written all over it.

Nothing there that can’t be undone at Anfield. Have no idea what the Benteke substitution was all about. Moreno’s miss was terrible…one imagines, that, ahem, Sturridge would have buried that. Ah well…it’ll be a hell of a night next week.

Junkyard
    Free Member

iTs not over is the best that can be said but it did have a 0-0 feel about it.

I thought he should have passed but not sure how on it was tbh.

gonzy
    Free Member

was a harsh result. i thought liverpool played pretty well and made villareal look quite ordinary.
    the goal was avoidable but for moreno and his lack of defensive positioning.
    i have no idea how he manages to get the nod over a fit again flanaghan.
    he might be quick and have a lot of energy but he cant tackle very well, is a poor passer, and his shooting/crossing is absolutely woeful.

its still possible for liverpool to win at anfield next week. villareal will probably be more defensive to start off with and they and hit on the counter attack…but if the atmosphere is anything like it was against dortmund then we’re in for a cracking match with liverpool coming out on top.

genesiscore502011
    Free Member

Manchester United, Borussia Dotmund and Villarreal home and away. A very difficult run and they have done it

Junkyard
    Free Member

ANother lucky home win 😉

Comment just for DD

Clearly well deserved and pretty comfortable

weeksy

Good result, good performance, all in all a very enjoyable evening. Couple of moments of tension but apart from that it was convincing.

My 7 year old tried to talk Mrs Weeksy into letting us go to Basel next week.. she was having none of it 😀

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

I’ll just leave this here:

senorj

What genesiscore said. I expected last night to be more difficult.
    Looking forward to binner’s salutations when he turns up. 🙂

gonzy
    Free Member

Looking forward to binner’s salutations when he turns up

binners is busy stuffing his face with a humble pie which he bought from greggs

binners

Looking forward to binner’s salutations when he turns up.

binners is busy stuffing his face with a humble pie which he bought from greggs

Hang on a minute? I must have missed something? Have you won owt yet?

As it stands, its yet another ‘its our year. well… potentially….’ scenario. You’re the small matter of a final to get through first. Typical bloody scousers! 😉

gonzy
    Free Member

Hang on a minute? I must have missed something? Have you won owt yet?

fair point binners, but i’m pretty sure you’d written us off and reckoned we wouldnt get this far

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Wow. binners managed to bang on about Liverpool…but actually on a thread about them. Miracles will never cease.

binners

Because we all know what happens when you think you’ve got things in the bag before you actually have…..

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YU_Iz_xSaeE[/video]

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Your obsession at times entertains but mostly just induces pity binbins. I can’t imagine how it must feel to be this consumed. I imagine you must masturbate to that video quite a lot.

binners

You know that I save that for watching you doing your coffee commercials Bravissimo, you sexy smouldering bugger 😉

*swoons*

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

😀

Geddafukouddahere.

mefty
    Free Member

If Liverpool win, they get a CL place, is this at the expenses of 4th or is there an additional place?

Junkyard
    Free Member

4 th place

The EPL could have had five but it required Man city[ and liverpool] to win and finish 5th/both outside the top 4

I think third then have to “qualify” as the winners get into the group stage as well.

MSP

I didn’t think it was at the expense of the 4th placed team, I am sure they said on football focus (or other bbc footy show) That it was an additional place, but if City won the CL and Liverpool won the Europa league and both finished outside the top 4, then it would be at the expense of 4th place, but if only one of them won then it would be an extra place ie maximim of 5 places.

Viewing 40 posts - 961 through 1,000 (of 1,010 total)

The topic ‘Bloody hell Liverpool!’ is closed to new replies.