Viewing 40 posts - 681 through 720 (of 1,010 total)
  • Bloody hell Liverpool!
  • binners

Nice of OT to break off from their take on ‘you’ll never walk alone’ to deliver Brendon a rousing rendition of’sacked in the morning’ 😆

I had a tenner on Rooney to score first too. Not a bad afternoon 🙂

Jamie
    Free Member

I had a tenner on Rooney to score first too. Not a bad afternoon

Yesterday, my mate had £5 on Giroud getting the first goal, and the score ending up at 3-1. Think the odds were 50-1.

I’ve never seen a fan so mad to see his team awarded a penalty in the 89th minute 😀

binners

Jamie – I feel your pain. I remember having money on us beating Villa (when they weren’t absolutely awful) 2-1, and was already counting my winnings. Then sat in the Stretford End with my head in my hands as Forlan, who normally couldn’t hit a cows arse with a banjo, banged another 2 past them in Fergie-time 😥

Jamie
    Free Member

Oh, it wasn’t my pain. I was laughing my tits off.

Junkyard
    Free Member

Fairly entertaining but Pool looked like they could have played till Christmas and not scored.

Not sure of that was due to De gea being brilliant or them being woefull

hora
    Free Member

Shit. This definitely means European football match traffic round my way next year 🙁

binners

I think it’s a combination of the two. De Gea is the best keeper in the premiership by a country mile. And he needs to be, given the defence in front of him

But playing Sterling as a striker shows how desperately short Liverpool are upfront. Super Mario actually looked the best he’s done in a Liverpool shirt. But that’s not saying much. Incredible to look at a squad that’s just been bolstered by £120 million. There isn’t a truly decent player amongst the lot of ’em. Liverpool have always embraced mediocrity though. Looks like Suarez was a brief, accidental blip on that front 😀

hora
    Free Member

120m? Man U spent more than that this season to buy 3rd place.

binners

Oh … The authority has turned up. United have spent 30 million more, which is peanuts by modern footballing standards. Especially when you consider the financial difference to finishing top four.? And as a result they’ve got an array of truly world class players who would make it into the starting line up of any club in Europe. Liverpool don’t have a single one! And it showed today!

So 30 big ones is the difference between champions league, and mid-table obscurity. Money well spent! 🙂

Jamie
    Free Member

@Binners.

Don’t engage with the riffraff, it only encourages them.

gobuchul
    Free Member

which is peanuts by modern footballing standards

Bollocks.

150m or 120m in one transfer window is massive by any standard.

Who else, anywhere, spent over 100m in the last transfer window?

The performance of both Liverpool and Man Utd is way below what it should be.

I love listening to the plastic mancs and scousers whinging on the radio, especially when they have Irish, Welsh and Cockney/Southern accents.

Unfortunately, despite a promising start, it looks like the top 4 will be the usual suspects of Man City, Chelsea, Man Utd and Arsenal by Christmas.

hora
    Free Member

I’m more authority /viable than you 😉

I live in Stretford and my son was born here. Bloody foreigners supporting a home team from afar! 😀

You and Junky need to get a coach to the grounds whereas we could walk. 😆

MSP

Pulling out of the Remy deal is looking like a pretty big mistake, I still wonder what the truth about that was, seemed a better fit for Liverpool than super mario.

I also wonder what the FA will do about mario’s racist tweet, it looks pretty clear that he inadvertently posted a supposed anti racist picture that was subverted to be racist. It was a bit stupid of him, but English isn’t his first language, and while the FA have to investigate, I think it would be harsh to punish him.

got an array of truly world class players who would make it into the starting line up of any club in Europe

I think only Di Maria, would make it into most top European teams, the rest have yet to show that level of performance.

binners

And you’ve never been inside a ground in your life. You keep on with your weekly frame buying and leave this to the grown ups.

binners

And gobochul – you don’t spend 120 million with the ambition of finishing mid- table. That’s big money. Especially for a small club. Champions league is the very minimum requirement on that kind of outlay. And a realistic title challenge. Liverpool are waaaaaaaay short of that! And the fact that Rodgers is reluctant to start any of his new signings tells you everything you need to know. Like Spurs, they’ve found out that one truly world class player is worth 5 or 6 mediocre squad players

zippykona

Unfortunately, despite a promising start, it looks like the top 4 will be the usual suspects of Man City, Chelsea, Man Utd and Arsenal by Christmas.

Can I just mention West Ham please.
    A new power house of European football has arrived.

binners

MSP – you think the big guns in Europe aren’t jealously looking at De Gea. And despite under performing, as well as Di Maria, VP, Rooney, blind, Fallcoa and Mata would make it into most squads. But more to the point, they’re head and shoulders above anything Liverpool have for their 120 big ones.

MSP

Most of them weren’t part of the 120 million summer spend though.

Frankenstein
    Free Member

😈

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

Sorry to bring it up again but Wednesday night against Bournemouth (up the Cherries!) could be BR’s last game in charge….

binners

I’ve just put a tenner on Bournmouth to beat Liverpool on Wednesday.

I might have another one on King Kenny being back on Thursday. Wonder what the odds are….? 😆

wanmankylung
    Free Member

Rodgers has firmly lost the plot this year and needs his P45.

binners

Just been listening to a procession of scousers on 606 moaning that Liverpool just don’t have the resources to compete. Helloooooooo!!! You’ve just spent 120 million quid!!!! Oh…. It’s all just so NOT FAIR!!! 😆

Junkyard
    Free Member

one of those he has no striker and they cannot score Until that is solved you cannot really judge them

I think binners bit about 1 world class player being worth 5 mediocre players is an astute point

IMHO the team that wins the league is the one with the individual players who can win a game on their own
    De Gea, Hazard, Yaya Toure, Sanchez, Rooney, Fabergas,Aquero, Ramsey, etc. Liverpool , at the moment, dont have one like that never mind a selection of them to rescue them

The managers buys have let him down

shortbread_fanylion
    Free Member

Yep, he spent the money and it was his choice to buy mainly young, apparently promising players. Rodgers has to make it work now and the chances of him doing so seem to be receding each week. I don’t think he knows his best team or what system to play either, going by the tinkering this system. I reckon he needs to give most the new players a decent run – Lallana, Markovic, Can, Moreno and Manquillo, maybe even Lovren – and judge them at the end of the season. And deal with Stevie G sized elephant in the room.

Jamie
    Free Member

He seemed so confident on Saturday.

lemonysam
    Free Member

In fairness though, who would be better?

wanmankylung
    Free Member

Me, I’d be better. Can’t be much worse.

binners

KING KENNY!!!! 😆

They’ll not get shut of him. They can’t. He’s spanked an absolute shed load of moolah and they’re stuck with him to try and make it work.

He’s starting to resemble Moyes last season. Like a bystander, who doesn’t seem to have a clue what to do to improve matters. But Moyes only spaffed a relatively modest 27 million on one player, who ironically has shaped up under LVG. With bizarre formations, and starting line-ups, and inexplicable substitutions, it seems like Rodgers is increasingly clutching at straws

Reminds me of the saying ‘you owe the bank ten grand, that’s your problem. Owe them ten million? It’s their problem’

shortbread_fanylion
    Free Member

Sacking managers rarely works so I reckon he’ll be kept on, at least until the end of the season. I think he’s got enough credit from over achieving last season to try and turn it around. Moyes also bought Mata Binners, for the not inconsiderable sum of £40m and when everyone’s fit it doesn’t seem like LVG will start him. So Moyes spent just under£70m, half what LVG spent but he’s spent better.

pb2

Anyone who thinks King Kenny (king of what ?) is the answer needs to go and lie down in a dark room and start to breathe slowly. This is the guy who had the whole squad wear those stupid Suarez tee shirts. The same King who spent a fortune on at best average players and a guy who simply cannot stand the media focus that comes with Premier League.

Rogers is having an awful season and there is no doubt he and the Liverpool management team have overpaid and under researched on a number of players.

Its an odd thing to say given the stupid amount of money they get paid but there are very few truly outstanding managers around. Rogers, Van Gaal, Martinez, Wenger etc don’t do it for me, not totally convinced by the City fella and that I’m afraid leaves us with the vain one. Love him or hate, he is simply in a different class.

binners

Love him or hate, he is simply in a different class.

Difficult to come up with an argument against that. He seems to have even managed this season to come up with a style of football that vaguely watchable, and still win. As in the past, despite winning, its been bloody awful as a spectacle. Hence you really really wanting them to lose.

I hate to say it, but Liverpool were great to watch last season. Suicidally gung ho attacking, Kevin Keegan style football. (much like us earlier this season). Wiping teams out in a first half onslaught (unlike us earlier this season). So I think its made it even more surprising how quickly, and totally, thats fallen apart. Theres little sign of it this time around. Just the same very dodgy defence (much like us this season)

martinhutch

Anyone who thinks King Kenny (king of what ?) is the answer needs to go and lie down in a dark room and start to breathe slowly.

Those people are probably the same as those who forked out for these in April last year.

There are a hardcore of idiots at every club. At Liverpool that seems to be interwoven to the notion of messiah-like former players and managers, however mediocre they actually were for large periods of their previous tenure.

Isn’t King Rafa the new King Kenny these days?

The other delusion is that Liverpool are still a massive club in the eyes of Europe and beyond, and deserve to attract global talent as a result. Chelsea and Man Utd are probably the only ones we have.

Junkyard
    Free Member

I think its made it even more surprising how quickly, and totally, thats fallen apart.

The attacking fulcrum that underpinned the Gung ho approach is gone.
    Any manager would have struggled without the SAS

Some players have been pants though.

vondally
    Free Member

Rodgers tactically naïve at best, the defending across the team has been dire. All the signs were there middle of last season of what could go wrong.

Agreed missing Sturridge and in shape like for like but lambert could have started Sat?

Some players have not got started developed yet Llana is one and he is no youngster………..26yrs old is middle aged for a pro.

We have not coped with champions league and it is a benefit not to be in it see Utd under van gael, more time to prepare.

Sacking well who else……? Koeman? UK managers?

King Kenny signings Saurez..bargain and world class….Henderson developing nicely and excellent last year….Carroll no worth the money but can score……… no do not want to see Kenny back but a legend….nor Rafa as he sold Alonso, unforgivable.

Jamie
    Free Member

Difficult to come up with an argument against that.

Not sure about that. He’s having a decent season this year, all without any of his players diving, but last year they finished third.

He’s no Sean Dyche, who seems a lovely chap.

vondally
    Free Member

Sean Dyche, wonderful manager whatever happens worked something wonderful at Burnley. Listened to him a fair bit last year very very strong on the mental aspect of the game and ‘teamwork’ balanced with the individual. Intelligent and articulate.

binners

You wouldn’t argue with him either

weeksy

Henderson developing nicely and excellent last year

Having a bloody pig of a season this year though. As the previous 2 seasons before that.

Biggest problems for me are Lovren, Allen and Ming.

Along with the actual style of play, but he seems to at least attemtping to revert to the passing/quick style in recent weeks.

Ballotelli though, god he HAS to be sold in a few weeks time.

vondally
    Free Member

😀 there is a side that makes people listen, but he is far from that one dimensional centre half image

Viewing 40 posts - 681 through 720 (of 1,010 total)

The topic ‘Bloody hell Liverpool!’ is closed to new replies.