• This topic has 25 replies, 16 voices, and was last updated 10 years ago by DT78.
Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • Bloody elbows
  • adsh
    Free Member

Sitting in a&e waiting to have left elbow cleaned out and stitched after a pathetic off at brass monkeys. Must have been about 5mph front wheel wash out. Chose not to wear 666 elbow protectors as was raining so used nanos. Wife now so angry fledgling xc career under severe threat 🙁 S’pose I have to wear g form all the time now.

njee20
    Free Member

I’d suggest that if your pre-XC race ritual includes deciding which elbow pads to wear then it may not be the right discipline for you 😉

Heal fast!

taxi25
    Free Member

Why’s your wife angry ?? Got to expect a few cuts and bruises. Mine just rolls her eyes and tuts boys will be boys as I’m carted of to hospital.
    Any way get well soon 😀

shifter
    Free Member

WHY is your wife angry?!

thejesmonddingo

Were you using your wife’s elbows?

adsh
    Free Member

Wife is angry because I am going to be v late so she will have to do what I was going to do plus she worries.
    I seem to have delicate elbows or am falling more. It was pretty slippy by the end. Maybe I should move over to cross…..

shifter
    Free Member

She needs to lighten up. Tell her to lighten up.

hexhamstu
    Free Member

Do what he said.

wiggles
    Free Member

I’m sure that will make her much less angry

adsh
    Free Member

Being scrubbed out now. Frimley Park is a great hospital.

Frankers
    Free Member

When you say XC career, are you a pro getting paid?

adsh
    Free Member

Experiment might have been a better word.

shifter
    Free Member

adsh – Member

Being scrubbed out now. Frimley Park is a great hospital.

Any news on the wife’s mood?

DT78
    Free Member

It could be worse. You could have busted your collar bone been taken in via ambulance and she,d have to work out how to find your car and get it home…..i speak from experience.

Anyway we all know chicks dig scars

offthebrakes
    Free Member

Did you get taken off course in the ambulance? Thought I heard sirens at some point.

There were plenty of opportunities to bin it out there today (although somehow I stayed upright).

Heal fast!

adsh
    Free Member

Frimley were stellar, definately worth a compliment letter. No I made it to the end under own steam about 15m before cut off but felt I couldn’t do an extra lap because of time to get elbow sorted 🙁
    Friends I was supposed to cook for were there when I returned so wife is merely ignoring me. Rioja beckons 🙂

mactheknife

Chin up, women can be fickle sometimes. The first time she says you cant go riding you know what you have to do. Get your gear on and go. Works a treat in the long run 🙂

Dont mention this in your divorce though 🙂

adsh
    Free Member

Still got points:)

Northwind

I almost always ride in elbow pads, so every time I ride without them, at the very least I whack an elbow off a tree.

cloudnine
    Free Member

What front tyre for slow front wheel washouts?

adsh
    Free Member

^Good one – 2.1 beaver. Back brake had gone so my bad habit of hanging on the back brake was transferred to the front with inevitable consequence.

Northwind

cloudnine – Member

What front tyre for slow front wheel washouts?

Nobby Nics, obviously.

woody2000

S’pose I have to wear g form all the time now.

More like bodyform by the sounds of it 😉

chakaping
    Free Member

I find telling my wife to “calm down” works well too, you could try that if the above advice doesn’t work.

lemonysam
    Free Member

It could be worse. You could have busted your collar bone been taken in via ambulance and she,d have to work out how to find your car and get it home…..i speak from experience.

It could be worse still, if I have an off I’d probably end up in the hospital where my OH is currently in the A&E. The thought of her disapproving face being the last thing I see before a bone getting set is enough to keep me riding like a pansy for now.

DT78
    Free Member

More like ‘Careful Colin’s’

Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)

The topic ‘Bloody elbows’ is closed to new replies.