Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • "Bloody cyclists!" – this existed even before cars then!
  • medoramas
    Free Member

An interesting read for you! 8)

funkweasel
    Free Member

I especially like this part:

When a cyclist on any road sees, or has reason to believe that he might see if he chose to look, any horse, cart, carriage, gig or other vehicle, or any pedestrian approaching, he (or she) to instantly dismount, run the machine into the nearest ditch, and kneel in a humble and supplicating attitude till said horse, cart &c., has got at least a mile away.

Sadly there are too many people out there that would no doubt wish to see this enforced or be punishable by death if not adhered to.

mattyfez

“Every cyclist to be presumed in all legal proceedings to be a reckless idiot, and on the wrong side of the road, unless he can bring conclusive evidence to the contrary.”

Hehehe!

fasthaggis

Rejoice one and all,I think we have found the next niche Scorchers

Trimix
    Free Member

See, big wheels and short wheel base, single speed, fully ridged. Its all been done before 🙂

No brakes is a niche that needs exploring though !

davidjey
    Free Member

“We have all met the kind of garrulous cycle hater who would pen such spiteful words as these, and we will simply say ‘Booh!’ to it.”

Using that in future.

brooess
    Free Member

Just goes to show there have always been people who can’t cope with change. More fool them. I wish them luck in preventing it…

On a positive note I went for a 25 miler this morning and only one idiot leaning on his horn – almost every driver hung back or took pains to give a wide overtake. I think the idiots might be in an increasing minority as they realise they’re on the losing side…

hatter

Nice short chainstays and a slack headangle, I like!

Stem’s a bit tall, but it’s even shorter than those Mondraker jobbies.

Stick that in yer Nicolai Geometron thingy and smoke it!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘"Bloody cyclists!" – this existed even before cars then!’ is closed to new replies.