Viewing 39 posts - 1 through 39 (of 39 total)
  • Blood pressure 135/60 good, bit bad or just bad?
  • wwaswas

Had BP and HR taken at the hospital today prior to GA and a procedure next week.

HR was 57 and BP 135/60.

Should I deploy my worry gland?

mikertroid
    Free Member

I’m no cardiologist but a gather with a HR like yours and 135/60 BP, you’ll set up a resonance that will result in explosive heart failure that will appear not unlike Kane’s chest-burster in Alien.

You may as well gift me all your worldly possessions as you’ve only got a few days left on this world.

You’re welcome.

wwaswas

send me your bank details, DOB and mothers maiden name and I’ll sort out a balance transfer.

Rubber_Buccaneer

No idea but this suggests you have slightly high blood pressure and should lay off the sausage rolls

P-Jay
    Free Member

Sorry, what was that? I can’t hear you over my perfect 110/70 blood pressure.

legolam
    Free Member

It’s better than mine! Within the normal range.

If your worry gland goes into overdrive, pop down to your GP once the GA/procedure is a distant memory and get it re-checked.

Love n hugs,
    A cardiologist

PS. my fee for this advice will be all your worldly possessions. You’re welcome 😆 😉

DT78
    Free Member

Similar..
    http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/blood-pressure-14463-anything-to-worry-about

Not been checked out since, but I’ve reduced my salt intake a lot.

trail_rat
    Free Member

well as a laugh – mines the same ! and my cholestorals high……the bad type.

im 12stone 8 , 6ft 3 and fit as a fiddle with a very balanced and minimal processed foods diet.

Runs in my family though. Decided not to let it bother me and continue doing the things i want to do and eating the things i want because before i know it ill be cutting everythiung out and eating only polystyrene and soylent green

Rubber_Buccaneer

prior to GA and a procedure next week

Hope all goes well. Should we call you by a new name post op? wwaswasette?

wwaswas

trail_rat – I’m an inch or so less tall and a few pounds lighter than you. Not had a cholesterol check…

Rubber_Bucaneer – a procedure, not the procedure 🙂

https://www.shoulderdoc.co.uk/article/1223

at the moment my kids talk about my withered arm so I’m hoping to improve it a bit.

rusty90
    Free Member

prior to GA and a procedure next week

Bit of white coat syndrome? Mrs Rusty had this prior to a hip op. 2 hours explaining the operation in grisly detail then they took her blood pressure, which was fine for a steam engine, but a bit high for a human being. Sent her home with a BP machine and measured it over the next few days when it returned to normal.

allan23
    Free Member

Perfectly normal……

For a cat…..

With Cat Aids 🙂

Not that I’m jealous as my usual 120ish/79ish is so borderline the nurse shakes a bottle of Ramipril at me when I go to the docs.

aracer
    Free Member

So you had your BP taken by a professional who was checking whether you were healthy? And you’re asking on here whether the results mean you’re healthy?

I’ve had my BP taken numerous times recently (GA a few weeks ago) and have no idea what the readings were apart from “fine”.

But good luck with the GA, I’m sure it won’t hurt a bit, and that unlike me you won’t pick up a post-op infection 🙁

deadkenny
    Free Member

Best results are from readings during your normal daily life, so a home reader you buy yourself or a 24hr one a GP may give you. Readings in hospitals or at GP will typically be on the high side.

What’s a good measurement varies per person, but the guidelines above are typical. I think they go on the lower of the two readings but the two combined mean something also.

Anyway, if you live in the US, you’d be placed on drugs for pre-hypertension. That’s a condition that isn’t a condition. It’s a statistic that says Americans with values in that range will probably become fat and go on to full high blood pressure, therefore stick them on drugs and make lots of money 😉

In UK a GP would say “normal” and send you away.

I’d say just try to keep it bit lower but do regular checks to see how it’s behaving.

High blood pressure itself isn’t dangerous. It’s just other risk factors like heart disease and clogged arteries can trigger stuff when BP is high. That’s why salt is considered so evil. It’s fine in moderation for most people but it does raise BP a little and statistically that’s a risk for a fraction of the population so therefore ban it. Similar sugar at the moment because some lazy people get fat from it therefore all sugar is now evil.

jambalaya
    Free Member

Better than mine, which is 130-140 over 80-90

Yours does seem a bit of an unusual combo with 140 (high) and 60 (lowish)

wwaswas

aracer, I guess the nurse saying ‘you’re ok for a general anesthetic’ and a more involved conversation about whether I ought to be making food/lifestyle changes to lower one or other of the values was what I was trying to understand really.

I’ll happily give up the sausage rolls but they’ll be taking the fruit cake out of my cold dead hands.

So, less salt? Anything else I ought to forgo?

mikertroid
    Free Member

wwaswas

Nice try. I’m serious by the way. You’ve got seconds left on this mortal coil. If I were you I’d stay in the bath to reduce the mess. I’ll be over in a bit to collect my belongings.

I might be wearing a protective suit and carrying some surgical implements.
    Don’t be alarmed, just a precaution.

You’re really welcome.

DrP

‘snormal innit.
    stop wasting my time.
    Next.

DrP

singletrackmind

My friend was going through a stressful time at work and was up over 200 . He had a BP machine at home so strapped me in and pumped me up.
    100 / 70 for me and about half of his BP . He is now on alot of meds to get his BP down whilst they search out a long term solution.
    I collapsed in a Tesco once , with a HR of 35. The ambulance drove me the 400mtrs to hospital.

scaredypants

2 hours explaining the operation in grisly detail

**** me !!
    were you going to perform the surgery yourself ? 😯

unfitgeezer
    Free Member

been meaning to ask for ages is/are you a real medical doctor DrP? or just an alias name ?

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

He’s a real doctor, a GP

bwfc4eva868
    Free Member

Wish mine was like that without needing Ramipril.

deviant
    Free Member

I collapsed in a Tesco once , with a HR of 35. The ambulance drove me the 400mtrs to hospital.

Guildford by any chance?

DrP

He’s a real doctor, a GP. And a ninja.

DrP

qwerty
    Free Member

Anal dilation causes vagal stimulation. Apparently. This may, or may not help.

wwaswas

This may, or may not help.

I shall be extremely disappointed if it has any bearing on the Shoulder Manipulation I’m booked in for.

TimP
    Free Member

Best way to get full access to the shoulder is from the bottom

Good luck….

wwaswas

cheers Tim 🙂

Just watched a video:

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HHOTGycdULM[/video]

there’s some good popping sounds in there.

“Of course the risk here is breaking the guys arm”

Well that’s me reassured.

Drac

It’s fine. That graph Rubber posted is bollocks.

Rubber_Buccaneer

That graph Rubber posted is bollocks

I found it on the internet so it must be true.

Drac

Ah! Good point.

Suggsey
    Free Member

Ooooooo ya bugger……just watched that video too and now has me needing a pee and rubbing my shoulder too……I’m pretty impressed that my range of movements now as good as that fella on the bench and done all that tearing and popping myself……..wwaswas the relief when you come round and can finally wipe your arse properly without pain will be worth it 😆

avdave2

DrP is a real doctor but in Worthing so most of his patients are already as good as dead.

wwaswas

when you come round and can finally wipe your arse properly without pain will be worth it

🙂

Well done for achieving that yourself, I just ended up with cramps every time I tried to extend the range of movement in the shoulder by stretching.

I can still just about reach my wallet out of my back pocket when we’re out shopping – my problems have thus gone largely unnoticed by the rest of the family 😉

deadkenny
    Free Member

Drac – Moderator
    It’s fine. That graph Rubber posted is bollocks.

American most likely. As I mentioned, they’re all into this prehypertension bollocks. Makes money for drug companies, just like diagnosing all kids with ADHD.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3848832/

Conclusions

The data of Huang et al. clearly indicate that a blood pressure level currently defined as pre-hypertension is a significant marker of increased cardiovascular risk. However, we lack evidence that pre-hypertensive blood pressure itself is harmful and that an earlier intervention to reduce the blood pressure is beneficial in the absence of cardiovascular disease. Since pre-hypertensive individuals are at a high risk to progress to sustained hypertension, we advise periodic screening.

No evidence to back it up basically other than stats that fat Americans with BP in that range will become fat Americans with high BP. Advice to keep fit and healthy, and keep an eye on it is all that’s needed. They prescribe drugs however over there so they can still munch their MuckyD’s. 😉

Superficial
    Free Member

120mmHg is the new 140mmHg. Or at least probably will be once SPRINT is published. Until then, though, your BP is within satisfactory limits. Enjoy a non – medicalised month or two.

wwaswas

Back today for procedure and BP is 98/68 in right arm and 120/67 in left. Pulse down to 52.

deviant
    Free Member

Just had mine done…38 yrs old and 138/92, pulse of 96….lol.

….but then I know why mines like that, my DR doesn’t however.

Mine goes back to normal (usually 115/75) when I stop playing with steroids, peptides and insulin.

I wouldn’t worry about it.

Viewing 39 posts - 1 through 39 (of 39 total)

The topic ‘Blood pressure 135/60 good, bit bad or just bad?’ is closed to new replies.