Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Bleedin' Saints
  • richmtb

My M810 Saints are getting a bit spongy.

How easy are they to bleed (compared to Hope which are the only other brakes I’ve bled).

Bit of plastic tube on the bleed nipple and add fluid and pump the lever until there are no bubbles?

Any tricks?

Also what is the cheap Halfords / Motor factor equivalent of mineral oil?

Thanks

Rich

jam-bo

dead simple.

dashed
    Free Member

tie the levers back to bars and leave for overnight will sort most things. Then just remove cap from lever (with lever level), top up with fluid.

If you have too much travel on the levers (common with saints), attach tube & syringe to calliper, open bleed nut, suck out any air, allow bubbles to rise into syringe then inject extra fluid into the system so it is pressurised. Close nipple, try lever, repeat as necessary.

ALWAYS add some negative pressure to the syringe before disconnecting the tube from bleed nipple though otherwise you’ll squirt oil everywhere as it’s basically under pressure!

richmtb

Yeah its extra lever travel that is the main issue

binners

I thought that this was going to be a thread pleading for canonisation for someone with stigmata

richmtb

I thought that this was going to be a thread pleading for canonisation for someone with stigmata

Yeah but that would be in the chat forum surely?

unklehomered
    Free Member

I thought it was going to be a thread about a new hiphop group… 😳

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Bleedin' Saints’ is closed to new replies.