Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Blair, Labour, Libya, Gadaffy and Lockerbie
  • DenDennis
    Free Member

(apologies if already done)

artcile link

Good old Tony. Oh hang on, it was just left up to Scots jurisdiction, so thats all right then.

As AP would say- who’s your favourite “monger”? iron- fish- or war-
    ??

Why do we deal with these peoples?

yunki
    Free Member

I am disappoint..

I thought this was going to be about a Dave, Dee, Dozy, Beaky, Mick and Titch tribute band.. 🙁

scotroutes

To suggest that the Scottish Government did a favour for Tony Blair is simply laughable.

asterix
    Free Member

why is this in the bike forum????

kimbers

has anything changed?

Cameron and the Merchants of Death were touring middle east dictatorships during the Arab Spring

http://www.stirringtroubleinternationally.com/2012/11/06/david-cameron-visits-the-middle-east-to-secure-arms-deals/

Klunk
    Free Member

UK in dodgy arms deal shocker.

binners

Hang on a minute. This seems to be suggesting that Tony isn’t the ‘straight talking kinda guy’ he’s always maintained that he is.

I’ll not hear of it!

mt
    Free Member

Blair war criminal? Dodgy dealer on arms? I am shocked. We can commend him for his role in bringing peace to the middle east.

DenDennis
    Free Member

apologies for being wrongforummuppet.

Look Binners, **double-open hand gesture and fixed grin to suggest honesty**

As long as “Lessons will be learned” we’re all fine, right?

uselesshippy
    Free Member

compared to the rest of the shitty things blair did, this is peanuts.

binners

… not forgetting his championing of human rights in the former Soviet republics. For a meager £13 million a year he helps the Kazakhstan regime cover up their state sponsored political killings show the world their enlightened, definitely non-dictatorial, simply misunderstood side

In a world of greed and dubious morality, his selflessness is truly humbling

avdave2

That’s an interesting link, I’ve never seen 2 waxworks shaking hands before.

fr0sty125
    Free Member

As arm deals go £400 million isn’t a huge one, would have thought more involved.

Junkyard
    Free Member

Hang on a minute. This seems to be suggesting that Tony isn’t the ‘straight talking kinda guy’ he’s always maintained that he is.

I’ll not hear of it!
    next folk will be saying he made stuff up to justify doing illegal things

I agree with scots routes I doubt the Scottish govt openly colluded with Blair though it is not hard to see that they spun it as we will release him if….

In some respects this makes sense in others it is corrupt

glupton1976
    Free Member

This has all been discussed in depth many times before. Yes Tony Twunt tried to broker some sort of deal, but the SNP were not influenced by that deal and it had no bearing on Megrahi’s release.

konabunny
    Free Member

This article is bollocks. The things that were to be signed were not orders for McGrachy’s release, but protocols for prisoner exchange. The prisoner exchange agreements needed to be signed before he could be released but they were not the decision to release him.

Lifer
    Free Member

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nifKd5LVzMM[/video]

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mtw406Aw28s[/video]

zippykona

I’m sure there’s worse people in the world but he is top of my list for a bit of fisticuffs.
    I would have said stringing up and skinning alive but there’s probably an internet law against it.

jivehoneyjive
    Free Member
    Northwind

Strikes me that the article starts out seeming like it’s “Megrahi for contracts” but by the time it gets into the details, it’s just “prisoner exchanges for goodwill”, then when you go back to the top you realise they’ve been very careful to never actually say “Megrahi for contracts” at all, they just implied it.

Not that I’m going to suggest Blair wasn’t a prize **** mind. But at the end of the day, Macaskill released a very ill man with a very dubious conviction. Still a dirty deal, since it prevented further appeals, which would it seems have led to a miscarriage of justice being overturned… But then, he may not have lived long enough for that.

kcr
    Free Member

Great story, but…

…The Libyans never signed the arms deal….

…oops

glupton1976
    Free Member

Mackaskill managed to royally piss off the USA, so that has to be a good thing.

BenjiM

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

The topic ‘Blair, Labour, Libya, Gadaffy and Lockerbie’ is closed to new replies.