Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Blackspire Cranks – any good?
  • OCB
    Free Member

Terrible question really, what does ‘any good’ actually mean?

😕

However in this context … I need new cranks for a forthcoming SS 29er build – weight’s not that big a deal frankly, I’m old and slow anyway (plus I’m sure it’ll mostly be ridden in sandals and/or loaded with a rack), an’ tho’ doubtless overbuilt, I’m tempted by the Blackspire AM cranks – just for a change really. I’ve never used their stuff so I don’t have a feel for it, but these look decent enough cranks …

Hard to see how they could be duff, but all/any views welcomed.

I’m sure the coating will wear off in a kinda scruffy way in no time, but I can always strip them (or happily embrace it as a sign of close intimacy with the bike).

BB looks to be ‘standard’ external bearing sized BB, so it can be swapped out if/when it fails.

😉

craa22uk

bump here – i’m looking at the road/trekking ones for a tricross build as a 1×10 and welcome any feedback – esp on the BB

miketually
    Free Member

There were Blackspire cranks on the TD-1 I borrowed for Hit The North and Kielder 100 last year. Only did three rides on the bike, but the kept the pedals connected to the BB for 215 miles.

I assume they’re decent, if Hotlines decided to put them on the demo bike. And the blue chainring bolts matched the stickers on the frame. Which is nice.

craa22uk

thanks mike – they’re on bargain at crc will give them a go

mrbump
    Free Member

they do look very nice for the money. i nearly got one for a freind bike i was building but went for the raceface ride am crankset on crc ,also a bargin but being tad heavy is the only fault.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Blackspire Cranks – any good?’ is closed to new replies.