Viewing 38 posts - 1 through 38 (of 38 total)
  • blackpool lights…best way to see them?
  • sefton
    Free Member

I’m going to take my wife and daughter to see the lights this weekend.

whats the best way (we’d like to have a mooch around too)

park near sand castle and take the tram?

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

From the top of the langdale pikes.

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

😆

dooosuk
    Free Member

Do not attempt to drive up the road. I don’t know if it was just the weekend that we went, but the roads were gridlock from the moment they turned on.

Park somewhere and take the tram up and down the front.

ads678

Trams will be rammed as well once the lights are on. We went a couple of years ago. got there early, parked at the top end, got tram down to the pleasure beach end, waited for lights to come on and walked back up. If you’ve got little’uns though it’s a bit of a walk so be prepared for a shoulder ride!!

bigphilblackpool
    Free Member

Best way…. Walk. I live in blackpool. Cars gridlocked trams stuffed full. Same with buses and generally full on idiots on public transport too. Park up at the solarium (big shiny glitter ball) and have a walk up north past the pleasure beach. Or start other end park up near to redbank road in bispham and walk down towards blackpool. (Bigger illuminations bispham end) and hit up bispham kitchen for homemade pie and chips 🙂

binners

They’re best viewed through a haze of blue WKD just before you projectile vomit, then have a fight outside a kebab house, before waking up the next morning with a blonde, orange, scouse two-bagger called Sharone, who you’ve no recollection of even meeting

If you’re not planning on doing this, don’t go to Blackpool

Harry_the_Spider

We’ve parked at the Bispham end and walked up to the tower.

The traffic WILL be appalling. Take something to piss in.

sefton
    Free Member

F@#KIN HELL…might not bother! haha sounds like a royal ball-ache for a shit experience

bigphilblackpool
    Free Member

Its a common mis conception.. Blackpool is a nicer place now with all the headlands and town center been re jigged and new attractions and refurbs. Its just bad traffic imo… The above “blackpool run” is closer inside the town centre walk on the pier sides not on the toirist tat shop sides and just pop over when yoi fancy a drink… As for the toilet break theres loads of toilets along the prom…. Start at bippy end and walk down its only mad busy near the tower.

core

Telescope

Schweiz
    Free Member

Google Image Search

twixhunter
    Free Member

Out of the window as you jet off to somewhere nice.

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

I’d suggest any way that doesn’t involve actually going to Blackpool.

Fond memories of the place as a kid but we drove through a couple of years back after going to view a car just up the coast from there with the aim of finding somewhere nice to eat. We eventually found somewhere… just off junction 23 of the M62.

Junkyard
    Free Member

the walk ones are the best suggestions by a long way but parking is still an issue

trail_rat
    Free Member

being fired from a cannon over head ?

eddie11
    Free Member

standing on the back seat of a citreon 2CV with the roof down but you are not allowed to do that anymore.

globalti
    Free Member

You could hire a rowing boat at Bowness on Windermere, shoot the rapids at the end of the lake, row across Morecambe Bay then view Blackpool from the safety of the water.

Or hijack a helicopter at Blackpool airport?

Both methods will probably result in you getting a bed for the night at Her Majesty’s expense.

Cougar

Go to Blackpool. Look up a bit.

TBH, traffic will be rammed up the Golden Mile, but it’s sort of the point. You don’t want to blast through at 50mph. Leftfield suggestion for STW perhaps but, go on bikes?

wysiwyg
    Free Member

Int Dark…

squirrelking
    Free Member

blackpool lights…best way to see them?

loddrik
    Free Member

Blackpool is a nicer place now

Yes but nicer than what…?

Being hung, drawn and quartered maybe.

cbike
    Free Member

I reckon the enchanted forest might be better. But my pal made it and another is in it, so I’m biased. Good mountain biking too.

Home

sefton
    Free Member

parked behind the pleasurebeach – walked down to the tower on the prom side, fish and chips, bought flashing tatt, arcades, tram back upto car park.

ace – family loved it – recommended to all – uniquely british

cheers

sefton
    Free Member

easygirl

There you go !
    If you had listened to the snobs on here you would have stayed at home listening to radio 6, and your kids would have missed out on a great day out

binners

Pook

Last time i was in blackpool i got caught at temporary lights. Like an attack in a zombie film a drunk, half naked, fat man ran up to the side of my car and started doing the truffle shuffle by my window, clutching a can of special brew, before shambling off up the road.

It was 9.30am.

IHN

Last time i was in blackpool i got caught at temporary lights. Like an attack in a zombie film a drunk, half naked, fat man ran up to the side of my car and started doing the truffle shuffle by my window, clutching a can of special brew, before shambling off up the road.

It was 9.30am.

Blimey, Binners was up early.

binners

I never sleep when I’m in the Northern Riviera…

benji
    Free Member

From a long way away, I went a few years back on my motorbike with some other mates, and it was just one long queue of traffic and just seemed like an even worse version of Skegness, it was full of hen and stag parties, people trying to sell plastic light up rubbish. Best bit was the ride back snake pass in the dark is different.

bigphilblackpool
    Free Member

Well glad you enjoyed it pal gets a bad rwp for the surface and media coverage. Some nice spots in pool. Im 5 mins from lytham 2 mins from st annes sand dunes and 45 mins away from the lakes. Blackpool has a town centre with a booming nightlife thats a people focus on.

Lytham proms
    Stanley park bands
    The lights just at the end of season
    Pleasure beach when its locals time
    Not to mention all the award winning eateries in and around blackpool and the quiet pubs.

After working all over the uk and seeing what ive seen north and south. Im proud to call my home blackpool.. Besides where can you get a 3 bed detached in a nice area for less than 175k….

jaffejoffer
    Free Member

http://www.dougiewallace.com/blackpool/tsq92hcn4v6d561tumt5tnr11ns4p0

yeah its naff, but i dont mind a bit of naff every now and then. its a laugh.

binners

I bloody love Blackpool! I remember taking a couple of my more civilised London Metrosexual mates there for the weekend. The looks on their faces for most of the weekend was priceless!

You’d think it was the first time a group of charming young ladies from Blackburn had demanded they get their kits off at 3 in the afternoon, then flashed them their norks! 😀

perchypanther
    Free Member

@binners – Where did you get that picture?
    I swear that I know those two blokes. The one holding the two Pints is our local golf pro…. or his transexual twin. 😯

stumpyjon

Could of course ride, we did a few years ago and this year did ride the lights in August which was brill. Just don’t under any circumstances leave the prom or you’ll never be seen again.

binners

They’re all from that terrifying Dougie Wallace link that jaffejoffer has posted up 😆

coolhandluke
    Free Member

We found that Blackpool illumination has were best viewed whilst on about 50 mushrooms.

Viewing 38 posts - 1 through 38 (of 38 total)

The topic ‘blackpool lights…best way to see them?’ is closed to new replies.