Viewing 26 posts - 41 through 66 (of 66 total)
  • Bizarre behaviour whilst on a ride…
  • martinxyz
    Free Member

Ive walked back to Durness along the tracks above balnakeil beach for about 30 mins with cows all around me. it was dark and i was keeping on my toes incase they sandwiched me to death.other cows wer running past me to catch up with the ones up front.not a fav half hour or so of my life.

Tracey

This one picked its nose on Abigales brake lever

martinxyz
    Free Member

that cow looks so cross,tracey.

(cant view it,just a wee red X in a box)

joe@brookscycles
    Free Member

Friend of a friend once rode flat out into a bear, at Whistler. About 1000mph into him, broadside. He smashed his hand up good and proper, but the bear ‘bearly’ flinched.

wwaswas

from the bbc today;

Charging heifer ‘breaks’ Shropshire farmer’s neck

A farmer in north Shropshire is being treated for a suspected broken neck after being charged at by a heifer.

Richard Cope, 48, was thrown into the air when he was rammed by the animal at about 1130 BST on Tuesday.

The Tilstock Hall farmer was taken to hospital in Staffordshire, West Midlands Ambulance Service said.

Mr Cope is being treated for two suspected broken vertebrae in his neck but should make a full recovery in the long term, his family said.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-shropshire-11450259

markinoxon
    Free Member

Creepy; Cows who stare at men. Wasn’t that a recent film about the CIA?

RealMan
    Free Member

Realman.. your assignment if you choose to take it…..

1. go knock out a cow with your fists
    2. bring back documentary evidence to this post
    3. High qulity jpegs mind

What’s in it for me? (Apart from fame, and the respect of everyone on STW (obviously))

sharki
    Free Member

wasn’t that men who stare at goats, about a secret barmy army who used jedi like powers in combat.

Still cow related, i had first hand(well butt) experience of the roughness of a cows tongue, when i was in a field with an ex, one hot sunny sweaty day..

Nothing like a inquisitive herd of 20 cow to make a romantic moment.

Flash
    Free Member

I was walking over a field in Cornwall with my wife when a cow (well maybe a big calf) suddenly span around and charged at as.

For some reason I thought the sensible thing to do was charge back at it shouting, the cow got to within a few feet of me and did a four hoof skid, spun around and ran off.

When I looked at my wife she was in tears of laughter, asking me Why on earth had I charged back?

Cougar

Charging heifer ‘breaks’ Shropshire farmer’s neck

They call them ‘effers, but we know what they mean.

BontyBuns
    Free Member

Chuck Norris puched a cow so hard it’s milk turned straight into butter

donks
    Free Member

I hit a cow many years ago in Oz whilst driving back from Ayers Rock. It was pitch black and the thing was laying on the still warm tarmac. I managed to swerve and just clip it but when we got to Alice springs a better investigation of the front of the van revealed a big chunk of hide hanging from the bumper…..dont know what happened to the cow TBH?

GEDA
    Free Member

What did the cow do when you punched it? Just wave your hands about making loud noises usually does the trick.

Feeding the Highland cows their barley was always exciting as they tended to get very excited and toss their horns about. Getting them out of the hay heck when they were stuck in the bars was also quite a sensitive job.

spacemonkey

1. A few years back, a cow fell onto the bonnet of my gf’s dad’s car. He’d made the (innocent) mistake of parking by a raised bank near a railway platform … toodled off to do his own thing … came back minutes later and only to see a cow sloping off having left a big f&*k off dent on his motor. Unable to believe what he was seeing, he climbed up the bank and saw a whole herd of cows tucked away (previously) out of sight.

2. Not sure how true this is but it’s from a reliable mate who called me one night to say he and his mates had made a cow fall over by prodding it somewhere on its back/hind quarters. Could well be b0ll0cks, but TBH I’ve never known him lie about anything.

amodicumofgnar

Menacing.

No that’s just bullocks

alpin
    Free Member

i like shouting “baaaa” at cows. it confuses them and other passers-by.

got attacked by a young bull this summer. we had to pass the bikes and clamber down a section of trail and this young bull kept getting nearer. had to use my bike to shield myself and the group.

qwerty
    Free Member

💡 be careful out there, its a fine line between punching a cow – and fisting one 💡

vondally
    Free Member

living in a rural area but a townie of birth, over the last 20 years i thought i had it sussed, shout wave arms and so on till this summer when

charged by a group, sory small herd of young bullocks who were freaked by dogs in the field, i was kicked, butted, and pretty bruised, busted and battered by the whole lot, worst bit was i managed to rip open my finger after being kicked into the barbed wire, lots of stitches and now nerve damage. day after local woman was hospitialised by same bunch, apparently the cows were culled. Several cases in lakes of people being killed by cows. i know plenty of farmers who have been tupped by cows some with more airtime than canadian freeriders

i tell ye dont trust the barstewards………………..

ps even wose are lamas/alpacas they bloody shift, spit and bite

Jamie
    Free Member

No that’s just bullocks

Ooof!

amodicumofgnar

tupped by cows

You need the next key to the right, tupping is ovine not bovine.

vondally
    Free Member

correct 😆

richoutthere
    Free Member

Candy gram for mongo candy gram for mongo……………… mongo loves candy………………………….BOOM

love it, know most of the words for the whole film (sad lonley teen, until i got a Muddyfox!!)

Kevevs
    Free Member

realman- I’m not seeing any picture of knocked out cows?

amodicumofgnar

be careful out there, its a fine line between punching a cow – and fisting one

They have special gloves for that.

BrickMan

bah, with young cows and bullocks especially they are INCREDIBLY inquisitive. anything that moves or smells good will attract them, followed by the rest of the heard, usually in a semi-stampide sort of pace.

normally when i’m out in fields I have a pair of collies, if they were on the lead I would let them off at this point to get them away from me as cows are attracted to the farm like dogs. Then basically do as you would with any other large animal, make yourself look big and walk toward them, generally they will turn & flight, occasionally come back at you whilst crossing teh field, just do the same. With bulls, don’t state them in the eye, and if you do, make yourself big & bold, walk where you want, never turn your back etc etc.

bikes, bullocks love bikes, its like christmas for them, all those colours, smells & noises, and moves at aspeed thats good to chase. do as you want, mostly I just keep riding where possible. they’ll be a whole heard behind me, just make sure you don’t get yourself trampelled at the gate, stop, turn on them, then proceed on foot slowly to the gate. otherwise they will be on your ass like 20tonnes of hot braindead beef ……oh!!… wait 😉

fotheringtonthomas
    Free Member

Years ago a friend of mine was heading home from his gfs farm along farm road in the dark on his ped and saw two black and white cows loose on the road there was a space between them so he sped up to get through only there was no space there was a black cow. ouch

Viewing 26 posts - 41 through 66 (of 66 total)

The topic ‘Bizarre behaviour whilst on a ride…’ is closed to new replies.