Home Forums Bike Forum Bitex / DCR Alloy rims reviews or other suggestions?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Bitex / DCR Alloy rims reviews or other suggestions?
  • goby

Hi all,

Im looking to build up a tough strong 27.5+ rear wheel for my moxie as the one I have has had some abuse and will need changing soon. I want ideally a 35mm internal width as I run with 2.8tyres when I do really rocky chunky bike uplift days. Has any one and recommendation as I have been suggested these rims

DCR E-bike Downhill

and

DCR Full Volume disc brake

bornonaboat

Wtb HTZ rims are crazy strong, not the easiest to get in the UK atm all the usual EU shops send to the UK.

https://www.tradeinn.com/bikeinn/en/wtb-htz-i35-tcs-2.0-rim/137993862/p?queryID=c6742bdb44888e497da7f778dc4d84b9&buscador_search

13thfloormonk

I’m waiting to pull the trigger on some DCR gravel rims. Not really comparable as they’re also rim brake but I was impressed with their range and think they should be a little tougher than Hunt/Kinlin equivalents (based purely on the opinions of a shop that sells both, so not exactly scientific).

goby

Ok cheers for the info am tempted to maybe try 30mm and go for a dt Swiss ex511 as from what I read they get allot of good reviews and see very strong. Will ponder thanks

duner
    Free Member

I have 4 wheelsets from DCR on various bikes and highly rate them, including a 30mm internal MTB set (but not the 35’s) and others for road / gravel. I’ve never needed anything more than an occasional bearing replacement.

I believe the rims come from a factory that produce stuff for many other big brands, and Bitex hubs are excellent, just as durable / reliable as the major players but often lighter and cheaper.

DCR are a small company that exist because they really care about wheels. They don’t go big on marketing but have many loyal/returning customers and are nice people making good things.

goby

Hi @duner many thanks for your words i have done a bit of research and the DT Swiss are good but allot more pricey and given your feedback and Ryans Build wheel reputation i think i will give the DCR Full volume a try. Thankyou for you help!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.