Home Forums Chat Forum Birmingham Live

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Birmingham Live
  • dudeofdoom

Is it real ?

Always coming up on my Apple News with some anti Spain Holiday warnings,almost daily.

For months it’s been churning out anti Spain stories,did someone from Birmingham have a bad Benidorm experince ?

I think it’s some sort of AI article generator , looks like a bot with a grudge TBH :-)

binners

I’ve worked for them as a freelancer a few years ago. As a designer for events and sponsorship, rather than a random article generator unfortunately :D

Its part of ‘Reach’ (formally Mirror Group Newspapers). If you look at any major town or city in the country it will have its own ‘insert town name here LIVE’ website and social media feed. They own the Manchester Evening News, for example.

Its basically the same tabloid-fodder clickbait which is regurgitated to all their sites and is funded by advertising. The same articles will also have been on Aberdeen Live, Milton Keynes Live and Leeds Live. They’re in financial trouble (as are all such businesses) and there was a big round of redundencies last year, which reassured me I’d made the right decision on politely declining when they offered me a full time job. I’ve worked in that kind of environment a few times and it is actually really good fun, which is probably reflected in the somewhat unserious nature of their ‘articles’

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.