• This topic has 70 replies, 46 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by Drac.
Viewing 31 posts - 41 through 71 (of 71 total)
  • Birkenstock for guys, yeah or nay?
  • Kryton57

don’t even think for a second that they can be worn as some sort of ‘smarter’ alternative to trainers. they are not.

I don’t think anyone for a minute thought they were a replacement for trainers, what an odd statement.

rexated
    Free Member

Generally I’m of the view that middle aged men (well, any man) should not display their feet in public. However I do use Birkenstocks instead of slippers at home and Mrs Rexated just has to put up with it. Just remember to kick them off if the doorbell goes.

One has to have standards you know, even on STW.

DezB
    Free Member

Overpriced sandals anyone? Must be a lovely profit in every pair of those. MUGS!

hora
    Free Member

I generally walk around barefoot, out to the car, garden. Everywhere. I just don’t like shoes i n general. So these seem like a good halfway house

munrobiker
    Free Member

Birkenstocks for guys human beings

Nope.

Nope nope nope.

Them, uggs and crocs all want nuking from orbit.

“Oh, they’re great for putting out the bins…” So are normal shoes. How messy are your bins?

DezB
    Free Member

It’s bizarre to me that even with something as hideous as sandals they have to be the right brand.

nerd
    Free Member

Cheap pair of espadrilles for summer.

Rockape63
    Free Member

Also….why do men who wear these appalling sandals have long toenails? Toenails that look more manicured than my fingernails! Urrrgh, gross!

hora
    Free Member

My STW borders are full of Jesus sandals ads 😀

Those korkers look like those shoes girls used to wear to school etc in the 80’s!

Drac

They look like Birkenstocks.

thegreatape
    Free Member

I’ve been a fan of flip flops for many years, however two recent occurances have caused me to rethink this:-

1) Plantar Fasciitis

2) One of my daughters friends asked her ‘Is your dad Australian?’

The PF I could probably tolerate…

alanl
    Free Member

Birkenstock Madrids, the best ‘flip-flop’ style sandal out there.
    I’ve had different colours for 10+ years now, only one pair has been thrown away, as they were ruined in the rain.
    Get them direct from Germany:
    http://www.footshopping.com/birkenstock-sandals-madrid/wgID_118.html?MI=6

hora
    Free Member

The Birkenstock Boston Habanas are quite nice too. Pricier though

hora
    Free Member

Drac

Any pics of the quite nice ones?

yunki
    Free Member

Birkenstock Madrids

yeah, my GF has them

smell_it
    Free Member

Nay.

monkeychild
    Free Member

WTF? I wear crocs about the house and to water the plants etc. There is no way I would venture further afield in them. Them things up there ^ are some glorified nike air Jesus BS. Who the hell wears them out and about with normal attire?

hora
    Free Member

Crocs? I’ve got a pair of 2.50 ‘Crocs’ from B&M for the same purpose. As I walked into Sainsburys mrsh said ‘why are you wearing them now’?! I agreed

Malvern Rider
    Free Member

Footwear being cool/uncool is both abstract and unfathomably shallow. Wear what you like. Haters gonna hate, judges gonna judge. Train yr middle toe to flip the bird.

epicyclo

Next thing we’ll be having “what tyres for…” threads.

Malvern Rider
    Free Member

Next thing we’ll be having “what tyres for…” threads.

‘Yah if you catch me in tan walls please shoot me, omygee’ 😉

chaos

I’m sure these used to be better looking than that.

maccruiskeen

^ SDPrilles ^

I prefer…

epicyclo

^Perfect boot for my bog monster rides. 🙂

funkmasterp

I generally walk around barefoot, out to the car, garden. Everywhere. I just don’t like shoes i n general. So these seem like a good halfway house

I’m with this. Just go barefoot, your feet toughen up in no time and you’ll save money. If you want something light and cool for the summer buy a pair of Vivo trainers. Those Birkenstock things just look like sandals from a few decades ago and crocs are just plain wrong. Only my opinion of course.

welshfarmer

I was led to believe that the holes in Crocs were to allow your dignity to escape while wearing them

wallop

Crocs, no.

Birks are nice as long as your toes aren’t too hairy.

i_like_food

I’m wearing mine right now… And I wear Crocs too. Either I’m unfathomably sad (likely) or always too busy to GAS.

Either way, they are comfy!

hora
    Free Member

I’d be interested to hear what the haterz are wearing. Such satorical folk stw’ers. Aren’t you all in Brants £100 slacks and cycle shirts? 😀

Drac

Tonight I’m wearing a pair of Magnimums.

Viewing 31 posts - 41 through 71 (of 71 total)

The topic ‘Birkenstock for guys, yeah or nay?’ is closed to new replies.