Home Forums Chat Forum biographies you intentionally bought about someone who’s sport etc you have …

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • biographies you intentionally bought about someone who’s sport etc you have …
    racefaceec90

…no interest in usually.

i will admit right off the bat that i have next to no interest in football, but i just bought the autobiography of brian clough.

as a kid of the 70’s then 80’s you always used to hear him being interviewed on this and that sports shows etc. same with hearing kevin keegan’s name being mentioned a lot too.

well a few months ago i was surfing yt and a doc recommendation came up about brian. oh i will give it a watch i thought.

it was a great documentary i thought and brian seemed like a genuinely passionate man and kind but wouldn’t take no fools etc. there was no doubt he lived and breathed football.

just tonight there was the damned united on the bbc so i just thought there must be a biography about brian, sure enough there was. def looking forward to reading it i have to say.

anything similar for you?

edit it was this doc i saw for any one who wanted to watch it.

thols2

51gyzsmFjNL._SY466_[1]

joshvegas
    Free Member

Wasn’t brian clough the one that hated the attention Beckham was getting and took to insulting his hairstyle and his wife?

doris5000
    Free Member

Possibly. Although by that time, Clough had been alcoholic for 25 years or more and wasn’t in great health. But he definitely thought there was too much money in the game and it was distracting the players etc.

reeksy

I bought the one about that cheating cyclist although I’ve never been interested in road cycling.

greyspoke
    Free Member

I bought the one about that cheating cyclist although I’ve never been interested in road cycling.

Clearly, there are several ones about several cheating cyclists.

StirlingCrispin

In a similar vein – the TV documentary on Alex Ferguson is excellent: Sir Alex Ferguson: Never Give In

I read a few sailing books as a kid and Michael Hutchinson’s Hello Sailor is fun.

pondo

I read a few sailing books as a kid and Michael Hutchinson’s Hello Sailor is fun.

Not really on topic but his The Hour and Faster are both brilliant, too.

mildred

My Father and Other Working-class Football Heroes by Gary Imlach.

Only vaguely follow football but really enjoyed this book.

boomerlives
    Free Member

Michael Hutchinson’s Hello Sailor is fun

He was better in INXS

bikeseek
    Free Member

Ha! I’m a huge football fan, but only got into Brian Clough’s story after watching The Damned United. Fascinating guy, his passion’s infectious!

dknwhy

André Agassi’s autobiography “Open”.

I have no interest in tennis but found it a really interesting, enjoyable book.

reeksy

Clearly, there are several ones about several cheating cyclists.

I wouldn’t know I only read one of them.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.