Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 47 total)
  • Bin rage
  • Flaperon

I’m away most of the week. One of my neighbours has started taking advantage of this by dumping their rubbish in my wheely bin. They’re only emptied once a fortnight so it’s a complete pain in the arse to come home and discover I’ve got to stack my bags in the garage for the next couple of weeks.

I found a Tesco receipt with a ClubCard number in one of the bags. Any way of identifying the culprit?

Yes, I know I could just keep the bin in the garage but it’s the principle.

Jamie
    Free Member

Yes, I know I could just keep the bin in the garage but it’s the principle.

I was going to suggest keeping yourself in the bin….ready to pounce!

I found a Tesco receipt with a ClubCard number in one of the bags. Any way of identifying the culprit?

Not really. Unless you can see the number on the suspects cards to match it.

molgrips
    Free Member

Call the council.

petrieboy

Keep a honey badger in your bin? Or a sheet of a4 paper with “I know who you are and I will kill you” on the inside of the lid.

jonk

Kill their cat and put it in your bin

RustySpanner

Little sign on the inside of the bin lid which says ‘Smile! You’re on camera.’

Either that or just drop ’em and curl one out on his drive.
    It’s the only language these people understand.

djglover
    Free Member

Frenzied hammer attack?

glupton1976
    Free Member

Take their bags out of your bin and put them next to their bin.

McHamish
    Free Member

Smear Ebola around the bin lid.

scaredypants

put a lock on the bin

Flaperon

Don’t know who it is… can take a good guess but suspect emptying the bags over the wrong garden is not going to go down well.

monogramman
    Free Member

Industrial size springy snakes like you find in those joke cans/jars

Boing!

McHamish
    Free Member

Get hold of a prosthetic hand and put it sticking out of a large bin bag in the bottom of the bin and smear sound some strawberry jam. Then see which neighbour calls the police.

Davesport

I’d fit an Alarm mine to my bin to deter fly tippers http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Alarm-mine-for-detering-intruders-/350622715551?pt=UK_SportingGoods_Hunting_ShootingSports_ET&hash=item51a2be0e9f

They’ll need clean pants if they ever go near your bin again 8)

spacemonkey

Empty contents of bin(s) over their drive/garden then replace with your own.

Bregante

Feeling Grouchy OP?

user-removed
    Free Member

As above – drill hole in lid and body of bin. Fit small padlock (with chain if necessary).

That said, our council advise us to use neighbours’ bins if there’s not enough room in our own.

JEngledow
    Free Member

Wow, 14 replies and no-ones suggested a passive aggressive note taped to the bin lid 😯

Talk to the person you think it is, even if they deny it they’ll stop if it is them, that way you’ll know and if it continues speak to other neighbours until it stops!

falkirk-mark

Wow, 14 replies and no-ones suggested a passive aggressive note taped to the bin lid

Petrieboy suggested that

wrightyson
    Free Member

I’ve done it before but only late on the night before collection. Our biggest problem is the idiot bin men who just launch it back anywhere on the pavement, which once resulted in me backing my bin into the main road as the tool had hid it right behind my van!

trail_rat
    Free Member

could have been a kids face wrightyson 😉

wrightyson
    Free Member

Or a passing roadie otb and in to the bin. What a way to go…

Kevevs
    Free Member

my life could be worse. I could worry about bins lol! thanks for making me laff! it’s true though, bin wars can escalate.

spooky_b329

The possibilities for a booby trapped bin are endless…

hora
    Free Member

Talk to them.

Kevevs
    Free Member

listen to horas beautiful heart. Listen to the bin people. They have feelings just like hora.. imagine that!..

Tom83

Loads of party poppers taped to the inside of the bin, with the strings taped to the lid…

stumpyjon

I like the last one but seriously move the bin or put a small padlock on it. You’re not going to win with your neighbour, if they’re filling your bin they must know it’ll be causing you problems. If they’re that selfish they’r elikely to escalate it if you get confrontational.

Just a thought, where is your bin? On your property or in a public place?

Dummy CCTV cameras start at around £7 or use a GoPro on time lapse if you have one.

kayak23

Get a skip.

titusrider
    Free Member

I absolutely love the party poppers idea. Esp if you can fire them at the person 😀

titusrider
    Free Member

Stupid double post bug

Jamie
    Free Member

Talk to them.

…with weapons.

yunki
    Free Member

If you’re away most of the week, how are you managing to produce enough waste to fill your bins..?
    I surmise that you are bad for the environment and your mystery bin filler is staging an act of protest..

wwaswas

they were talking about RFIDing bins and then charging by weight of waste aroudn our way. Wait until this happens and fill your neighbours bins with water the night before each collection.

McHamish
    Free Member

For the passive aggressive people out there, I understand its the fashion nowadays to change your wireless network ID to “stop putting your shit in my bin ya bastids”

Brown
    Free Member

You went through the rubbish looking for receipts? 😯

hora
    Free Member

No I meant talk to the voices. Listen to what they urge.

wwaswas

No I meant talk to the voices. Listen to what they urge.

It’s always stood you in good stead 😉

FuzzyWuzzy

Do you have to be a bank to get hold of those explosive dye packs?

DrP

Hive of angry bees.
    Put inside bin.
    Sorted.

DrP

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 47 total)

The topic ‘Bin rage’ is closed to new replies.