Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Biking Travel Insurance for Spain – Who?
  • Rik
    Free Member

Just wondering who people choose for a guided Spanish mountain biking trip?

Usually choose Dogtag for the Alps, but expensive.

Coverforyou.com is quoting £22 for two people with mountain biking cover (receasional) inc. for free
    (does say -Must be on recognised routes. No cover for downhill racing or competitions. No Personal liability cover).

You have to specify Alpine cover – but i’m not going to the Alps im going to Spain.

Covered or not for free?

Mackem
    Rik
    Free Member

Ive used snowcard in the past too but they are very keen to sell you ‘alpine’ style uplift insurance while this will be guided XC riding…

Thats quadruple the price

Rik
    Free Member

Anyone

davidisaacs
    Free Member
    timnwild

I just did DogTag for Spain, although the tags themselves were due to show up before a weekend I’ve just had in North Wales, so they’re already pissing me off.

d45yth
    Free Member

I’ve always used Sportscoverdirect…it’s that cheap I’ve always gone for the 12 months option. I’ve never had to make a claim though so don’t know what they’re like in that regard.

FuzzyWuzzy

I use Snowcard for guided MTB trips in Spain, you just select “MTB tracks and trails” for XC type stuff. It’s up to you to select the cover you want, they’ve certainly never tried to up-sell me DH cover or anything

Yetiman
    Free Member

Snowcard for all my Spanish trips too.

footstomper
    Free Member

M&S do good holiday insurance, they are not specific sports insurers but they do cover mountain & road in their standard policy.

trailofdestruction
    Free Member

Another option here

http://www.velosure.co.uk/abroad-cycle-insurance/#

I’ve used Sports Cover before and they were fine, although I didn’t have to claims, so I have no experience with regards to that.

Rik
    Free Member

Great ideas cheers

bigbadbob
    Free Member

Dogtag

coolhandluke
    Free Member

Snowcard paid out in full when I tried to smash the earth out of orbit with my shoulder in Les Gets a few years back

I hear Dogtag are good too.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Biking Travel Insurance for Spain – Who?’ is closed to new replies.