Viewing 10 posts - 41 through 50 (of 50 total)
  • Biking Norfolk
  • brad93
    Free Member

Cheers, I will do 🙂 thanks for the reply

crafty1980
    Free Member

Only very new to mountain biking but I’ve been having a lot of fun in and around Bacton woods up near North Walsham.

Some great single tracks weaving in and out of the trees and ditches. It’s certainly not flat either!

I know a group of bikers meet up there on Sunday morning (at about 10am I think). I go with two friends usually on Sunday evenings and sometimes on Wednesday or Thursday evenings too (depending on work etc).

Say hi if you find yourself there! (I’m the very unfit lardy one who needs to buy a new bike!) 🙂

prezet
    Free Member

Thetford – well known (but personally find the marked trails a little dull).

Bacton – mainly trails, a few small dirt jumps and a tiny pieces of wood work tucked away.

Sheringham – not ridden yet.

Mousehold Heath (Norwich) – lots of tracks and little bits to ride, nothing too gnar. Be careful of where you ride though as alot of it is used by families and dog walkers. There’s a car park up by the bandstand/football pitch, you can ride in there.

Sloughbottom bmx track (Norwich) – in Sloughbottom park. Good fun for an afternoon to practise. We do gate practise up there on Sundays if you’re interested in racing.

To be honest, I think it’s worth the 2hr drive over to Chicksands/Woburn for something more interesting. But if you’re only just starting out then there’s plenty to progress yourself with over at Thetford. Just mix in some other bits to keep it interesting.

As mentioned a few of us are heading to Chicksands on the 28th if you (or anyone else) fancies it.

readikus

I live in Norwich and been racing MTB for about 3 years. Recently, I have done most of my training in Bacton Woods, and I absolutely love it. On initial riding, there doesn’t seem like a lot in there. There certainly isn’t a long marked loop, like Thetford. But it contains examples of most of the types of terrain you are going to encounter anywhere around the country and gives you a really good place to “session” skills. I have been spending 3-4 hour sessions over there most Saturday mornings recently, and my technique has improved more in a few months than it ever did in 2 years of riding Thetford.

Sadly, it doesn’t have any significant rocky sections, but it contains enough roots and drops to get used to riding them. Probably will be over there on Saturday morning sessioning bits and pieces.

brad93
    Free Member

I wouldn’t worry crafty, I’m a bit unfit too haha :Land prezet, I didn’t think mountain biking was allowed at mousehold?

And readikus, I think I will have to try it out sometime when I get the time. Maybe have to go when I finish college one evening 🙂

fatsimonmk2
    Free Member

Brad93 if you can make it a bit further south there is some good riding down in Colchester in the friday wood miltary trainning grounds it’s Mod land that is open to the public deffo better than tunstall/rendalsham if fact it kick it’s ar*e if you do make it down here drop me a line if you want a guided tour(e mail in profile)

readikus

Riding Bacton tonight, and will be doing a nice ride near Sheringham/Weybourne on Saturday morning, all welcome 🙂

nedrapier

For a long scenic ride, the Peddars Way is a good day out. In terms of the actual riding, you’re well into cx/hybrid territory, though.

readikus

Doing more rides again this week/weekend, next week/next weekend/week after that/weekend after that, and on and on and on. If interested, more the merrier. PM

jd-boy
    Free Member

Plenty of riders from Thetford MTB Racing, (check our website) would be happy to show you round the off piest trails, rides on Sunday at 10am from BCP. (may pay to check on the website forum first)

Viewing 10 posts - 41 through 50 (of 50 total)

The topic ‘Biking Norfolk’ is closed to new replies.