Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Bikes with Pikes
  • tomaso
    Free Member

Would like to meet bike with Pikes for Lakeland fun and adventures. Must have good sense of humour and be prepared for dark wet night rides, bleak mountain tops and lots of water. I’m not sizeist and would consider all wheels 26, 27.5 and even 29er. And in the words of the Sugar Hill Gang “I’m six foot one, and I’m tons of fun”

My list of ponderings includes:
    YT Wicked – direct sales bargain, but ponderous customer service
    Cube Fritzz – ok spec but seem short in reach/top tube
    Possibly the new Canyon Strive if it comes with Pikes and not Fox – not yet released but mates Strive Race is very sweet looking
    Specilzied Enduro 29 – most expensive option but trusted brand and warranty
    Mondraker Dune – forward geometry but pauper spec for £2.5K
    On One Codeine – looks tidy for the money but not sure I can stomach 11 speed mech replacements as it will be my only bike and get used in Lakeland bogs.

Any others that I could consider? I’d like to keep it under £2K but can stretch to £2.6K.

boobs

El guapo? kit is not great but it’s (was) £1500, quite surprised with mine.

tomaso
    Free Member

I disagree with what the name infers, as it is not in my eye guappo – more El Feo.

kimbers

Kona process 153 bit over budget but likes it rough and ready and loves going down

tomaso
    Free Member

I had a look at a Process 153 in Wheelbase the other week and it looks good in the flesh. The linkage is a chunky looking thing that says stiff.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Bikes with Pikes’ is closed to new replies.