Viewing 31 posts - 81 through 111 (of 111 total)
  • Bikemagic – forum tumbleweed…
  • Alex

I was around on BM about the same time as NickC. Chiltern 1XV crowd if I remember rightly. I recognise a few names off here. Met some good people form that forum. Not been back for years. It was a fun time but I wasted so much time on there. When I joined the ‘BM Big Hitters’ as I suppose STW’d call them were Dave White and his mate. Brant was of course editor for a while as well.

Ah it all seems so long ago….

Nobby

Thanks for that. But…does it ****, you cheeky ****! When have I ever been anything but courteous on arranged rides? You’ve been listening to Mr. Spence a little too much, methinks. Besides, I’ve only ever walked in the Peaks and that was long before the internet was born.

Jeeves, fetch me my Beretta – there appears to be a large number of aquatic creatures in my favourite barrel. :p

teasel
    Free Member

Uh… 😕

Just watched those vids – I’m in both! Having a pee up the tree…

Frichie – anyone remember that guy? He was a good sort, as was Sprokitt. Days gone by, eh.

Moving on…

njee20
    Free Member

Frichie, forgot him. Lur’bak was amusing too.

teasel
    Free Member

Lurb’s still funny. When he can be arsed to make an appearance…

Kato

Kato’s on here isn’t he?

I am. It’s a shame BM died a death. I could say I left because they kept changing the format, but truth is it got to the point where I’d just log on to wind Dylan up. When he got a perma ban and John G went a bit wibble I had no one left to play with.

caffeineoldbean
    Free Member

Ayup Nobby.Still have the BM jersey you sent.Wear it with pride 😳
    Mrovershoot ya got me? I can’t log in to my old account.WHO ARE YOU? Funny but the last message I recieved on bm was from the Tim ti29er himself. It was enough to put the final nail in the coffin of my time on bm.
    Yup sadbloke is a good bloke,went for a ride with him and Jen J. She on here?
    Who on either forum can forget the Hamish IWH debacle.

njee20
    Free Member

The IWH scamming a load of folks was more on here wasn’t it? Really weird.

MrOvershoot

Caffeinoldbean – I live not far from your last UK home I too had a Ti29er message, though I think it was a flounce about Dylan.
    My BM name is Nigel Hancock.

For me the star of many surreal threads was always Numpty.

caffeineoldbean
    Free Member

Ahhh Nigel hello mate hope alls well.
    Nah njee20 old IWH scammed a few on bm with his Scotland coach trip and pretty sure he screwed Dan over with a bike or frame from the USA.

njee20
    Free Member

Aah yeah that unfolded over here – RopeyReignRider IIRC, so was thinking it originated here, remember him being a prolific BM poster. Still like to know what happened there, seemed to be a really odd way of getting a few hundred quid!

project
    Free Member

caffeineoldbean, well hello Cobba as they say down south, nice to see work is comming in on the beer advert,you one of the ausies offering advice, we actually had 2 rides one wih Jen,now moved oop north and steve and and one around chester and the bmx track.

MSP

Who remembers IWH’s estranged internet fiancée creating an account and slagging him off?

That was one moment that really did have me staring at my computer open mouthed barely able to say WTF!

MrOvershoot

caffeineoldbean – Member

Ahhh Nigel hello mate hope alls well

Life’s OK ish, the wife’s MS continues to get worse, meaning I have to do everything these days, but you just battle on.
    The opening of several new link tracks into Wales has seen an explosion in cyling round here to the point its like the bike version of the M25 on some sections on a nice day!

Hope life back in Aus is good

caffeineoldbean
    Free Member

Haha MSP yup there were times on bm I felt like I was tripping.
    How could I forget our 2 rides Project? And your visits.I see sadbloke is back 😉

caffeineoldbean
    Free Member

Nigel I take my hat off to you mate and can not imagine how difficult that must be for you. I hope you have some good help at hand.
    All good here really. Lots of roadies where I live in Sydney. Closest trail for me is 45min drive away on a good day and have to pay tolls to get there but get there I do.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

For me the star of many surreal threads was always Numpty.

Alive and very well, a happily married father too! 😀 Will pass on regards.

mightymule
    Free Member

He’s a father? 😯 😯 😯

😀

MrOvershoot

CaptainFlashheart – Member

Alive and very well, a happily married father too! Will pass on regards.
    Please do, I can imagine him being a great dad as he would be a constant scorce of amusement to his kids 😀

JoeBones
    Free Member

I have created a group on FB if any of you crazies are interested in a reunion 🙂

https://www.facebook.com/groups/BMSTWVeterans/

Add yourselves

Nobby

Numpty was legendary.

The piece he wrote on his day in the Surrey Hills never failed to make me laugh.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

The piece he wrote on his day in the Surrey Hills never failed to make me laugh.

😀

Was quite good, that! A very memorable day out!

legspin
    Free Member

So was the bloke who launched a verbal attack on me one day at the Peaks circa 2006. Think he was called Wayne?

I think I know that Wayne, he’s a pussycat really…

njee20
    Free Member

I think I know that Wayne, he’s a pussycat really…

You realise he’s on this thread…?

Was quite good, that! A very memorable day out!

Was that the one where he was massively hungover and stopped to chunder halfway up High Ashes (IIRC)? Was a very well written tale.

legspin
    Free Member

Haven’t a clue, maybe a different one then.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Was that the one where he was massively hungover and stopped to chunder halfway up High Ashes

Yep. It was just at the top as the trees clear. Some serious chundering occurred. Bear in mind that at the time he was living in Amsterdam, so it could have been altitude sickness.

teasel
    Free Member

🙂

Twas a good read. What happened to him* – returned home, didn’t he?

Godammit, it’s not me!

*is sad*

Edit – *I see he has kids. Saints preserve us…

localhero94
    Free Member

I can’t cope with all this double identity stuff. I’m going to have to make spreadsheet.

LadyGresley
    Free Member

I can’t cope with all this double identity stuff. I’m going to have to make spreadsheet.

Me too.
    Waves at quin…, er I mean Caffeineoldbean 😀
    And I well remember that Afan weekend with Ti29er and his very bling trainers. He offered to pick me up from Port Talbot station, but he went to Merthyr Tidfil instead. Taxi!

MrOvershoot

Over the years on here I have had that “Ah Haa” moment when you put the posters together and realise what their BM name was.

Back in 2004 we started a thread “Chester MTB” I think and ended up with our own website and group of about 70 riders, though this had died off due to people getting married & kids

Nobby

Very few ever work out who I am over there.

Viewing 31 posts - 81 through 111 (of 111 total)

The topic ‘Bikemagic – forum tumbleweed…’ is closed to new replies.