Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Bike valuation
  • elaineanne
    Free Member

ok my hubby took my bike into a well known bike shop for a valuation…they looked at the bike for 20 mins and found nothing wrong with the bike (apart from my bottom bracket will need to be renewed shortly…. so hence i have spent a few hundred pounds at xmas to pimp my ride etc…and beefier forks… they said the bike was in good nick , 2008 specialized bike.
    bike shop taking the mickey and only offered half of what i was expecting , blimey my frame alone is worth more than they valued it at ???? i want to part ex and upgrade to a decent full suss in the near future… but after the valuation i shall have sell it private… ho hum.. god its like buying a car- they give you naff all for it…

nukeproof
    Free Member

How old is it? As a rule of thumb, 50% depreciation after the first year plus the LBS has to consider a profit margin for themselves when selling it on.

TBH didn’t even realise bikeshops did part-exchange…certainly something I wouldn’t consider unless I really couldn’t be arsed to sell it on privately and could afford to take the hit

elaineanne
    Free Member

its a 2008 bike ! specialized…. thought price wouldnt drop dramatically ! especially after ive completely renewed all the parts on it too.. ah well private sale it is then..

nukeproof
    Free Member

its a 2008 bike ! specialized

Yeah, you said but how long have you actually owned it? 2008 bikes come out before 2008. So what is it and what did they offer…just out of curosity?

ah well private sale it is then..

Yeah, best way and if you feeling like really maximising the money, split it.

mickasaki
    Free Member

IF you have recently fitted new parts, you will probably make much more if you split it, and sell seperatly on here or Ebay. I know its time consuming but you would almost deffinatly make more money that way, more to spend on your new toy! good luck

Tracey

From past experience you will make more by splitting

Tracey

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Bike valuation’ is closed to new replies.