Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Bike Stand?
  • oscillatewildly
    Free Member

im after something like the ‘andy stand’, but without the price tag? just basically for washing instead of leaning/denting/scratching the side of the car?

is there anything out there similar to the andy stand?

MulletusMaximus
    Free Member

I use a display stand and it’s perfect for cleaning. Clicky

Milkie
    Free Member

I can slot my rear wheel in between the wheel arch and wheel of the car.. Can you not do that?

nickjb
    Free Member

DIY andy stand from plumbing pipe? I do as Milkie does, though. If you want extra security when leaning it then put an elastic band around the brake lever to jam the brakes on. Makes it pretty solid.

motozulu
    Free Member

I got a perfectly ok stand from halford for about £12 – use it for storing the bike in the garage and light jobs like cleaning/changing brake pads etc

http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_storeId_10001_catalogId_10151_productId_522919_langId_-1_categoryId_242557#tab1

oscillatewildly
    Free Member

display stand – never thought of that MM

dont need it for maintenance as i have a workstand, just looking for something slim/lightweight i can bung in the car to use to stand it upright whilst cleaning – done it a few times with front wheel off thinking it would stay upright and its fallen to the floor with a big bang scratching old frame…

stevenk4563
    Free Member

I use a couple of these

ndthornton
    Free Member

Why don’t you just put the bike upside down – then you can spin the wheels and drive when cleaning – also discourages water from entering your fork seals if your using a hose pipe.

bigG
    Free Member

ndthornton – Member
    Why don’t you just put the bike upside down – then you can spin the wheels and drive when cleaning – also discourages water from entering your fork seals if your using a hose pipe.

burn the heretic.. don’t you know that every time you turn your bike upside down a kitten dies?

ndthornton
    Free Member

There’s another good reason then…… cant stand the fiendish felines!

CheesybeanZ

+1 for the halfords one

Harry_the_Spider
    aidso
    Free Member

Lidl do a bike stand for £35. I’ve had mine ages and its still going strong. A wee stabilising arm fell off but i dont need it – as long as my wheels are in the air it works brilliantly.

One of these: Here

granny_ring

Something like THIS ONE?

bones76
    Free Member

Got myself an OD-POD from company called OD designs when i was at CX event over at Donnie, nice bit of kit and you can choose your own colours…

stavromuller
    Free Member

Thanks for the promo HTS and Bones, going to be exhibiting at loads of bike events this year so keep an eye on my website (special price at events)

MTB-Rob
    Free Member

I am going to say OD-POD as well!
    I picked one up at the Nat CX Champs at the weekend.
    I was think of getting a Andy stand but with it on the drive side I think it can be a pain if you want to turn the cranks, on the drive side for tweaks and cleaning.
    The only thing I say is the stand might not work well with bikes with press fit BB, (but I believe they working on it)

stavromuller, if you where at the champs it was nice to talk to you.
    😀

maxtorque

I use a display stand, ok it takes up a bit of room in the car, but it’s much better than kicking the bike round on the floor when getting ready / washing up. But, without fail, i forget it’s under the bike, lock the car, put the keys in my camelback, take the bike off the stand and go, “bugger” should have put that in the car first…….

😉

JoeG
    Free Member

Topeak Flashstand?

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

Got myself an OD-POD from company called OD designs

I bought one as well – but as the seller is in the forum I will say that the mounting for the BB needs to be more stable – maybe wider – as it is a bit unstable and only really suitable for a display stand at the moment.

I have a topeak tune up stand dx – I think the current is the ride-up – which is pretty good for cleaning as the rear wheel is raised.

oscillatewildly
    Free Member

cheers guys for the input and advice – mulletus maximus and maxtorque between you cheers spot on for me what you have recommended!

ive got a pro display stand (shimano i think) saved at lbs….it looks perfect for me, be better if it folded somehow, but for purely standing it up and being able to wash it without leaning against car, or if i take the front wheel off it falling over and scratching in the wind its perfect!

nice one, and pretty cheap really too at 15quid!

frenchie
    Free Member

I use the tubular part of a cable extention reel. Detach the plastic reel and fit the horizontal handle into the hollow axleeo of a Hollowtech chainset, if you have one. Keeps the back wheel off the ground too.

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘Bike Stand?’ is closed to new replies.