Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Bike Shops near Cannock
  • gribble
    Free Member

Hi,

Do any of the below get a recommendation? I am not familiar with the area, so any tips would be appreciated. Looking for MTB parts.

• Run & ride
    • Gnarly Cycles
    • Hedensford Cycles
    • Bridgetown Cycles (looks roadie focused)

Swinnerton is closed today I believe.

scruff
    Free Member

Theres also Mammoth Cycles in Milford and the Specialized shop in Stafford.

podgeskeeper
    Free Member

Always had good service from Run and Ride, Bridgetown not so much. Not used the others so I can’t comment on those.

bobbyspangles

Run and ride have a great attitude and an ex world cup mechanic.
    Great place to start a ride too

jekkyl

If they can’t help you then there are at least 2 nationally renound cycle shops in Stoke, BETD Goldtec and Brian Rourkes. There’s also a swynnertons in stoke and various other smaller places.

interstellar
    Free Member

I have had great service from mammoth, right next to the chase too

bueller
    Free Member

Swinnertons on the Chase has the largest stock of MTB parts out of those shops you list, but you are correct in that they are closed today. Very helpful guys too, if you cant wait until tomorrow.

I_Ache
    Free Member

Just wanted to say that Swinnertons at the Chase is the best bike shop that I have been to.

gribble
    Free Member

thanks all, need to visit today.

I have been to Swinnerton before and bough some stuff from them in the past, they have been very helpful.

I will try and see which is closest/recommended above and then go from there.

almightydutch
    Free Member

It would depends what parts you are after as to who I would go and see.

What are you thinking of getting?

gribble
    Free Member

Dutch, it is a bar (wider than my 690mm) and stem (shorter than my 100mm.

Mammoth have bars, just limited stems (but they have a 70mm only which should be better than the 100mm currently on there).

digga
    Free Member

Mammoth are Hope dealers (as are Swinnertons), so they’d probably be able to get the ‘right’ stem from them PDQ.

almightydutch
    Free Member

Have you spoke to Gnarly? They can be very accommodating at times with parts off bikes etc and they also support a local guy who buys and sells bikes and parts like they are going out of fashion. Check out Ross Readmans facebook page to see what he has about: Ross’s Rides (it might be invite only but can add you easily enough, be prepared to fill your timeline with it though as he is full on but a really nice guy whos heart is in the right place and has recently bought Steve Peats Bronson which I don’t think hes shut up about yet)

Sadly though most of the shops wont be stocking much of the really nice kit as its too expensive to keep in stock. they will all order next day.

I know its a bit out of the way but have you considered Two Wheels Only in Stourbridge….without doubt one of the best shops in the wider midlands area. They tend to stock a bit more.

cakefacesmallblock

Leisure Lakes at Wolverhampton ?
    Only ever used them once, but they did have the shorter, Race Face stem I was looking for.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Bike Shops near Cannock’ is closed to new replies.