Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Bike Park Wales accomodation recommendations
  • Rockape63
    Free Member

Does anyone have any recommendations for five ageing blokes who can afford a half decent B & B/ Hotel? Obviously they would need to cope with the mess though!

Thanks. 8)

zilog6128

It’s not exactly charismatic or luxurious but I always stay in the Travelodge at Merthyr as it’s about 2 mins drive away! Then breakfast at McD’s or full welsh at BPW cafe. Plus if you book in advance (which you have to anyway to get at uplift at BPW) it’s pretty cheap.

gonzy
    Free Member

last time we went we took a massive tent and booked in at Grawen Caravan and Camping park.
    £8 per head and we got electrical hook up too. it was a blast. the owner was a very nice old lady and she even let us store the bikes overnight in a secure cage in her barn.
    we’re going back there at the end of next month and this time will be staying in the camping barn she has (£10 per head).
    she takes in quite a lot of BPW users and the staff at BPW know her very well and highly recommend her too!
    also i have heard that the local Premier Inn allows you to store your bike in your room.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

also i have heard that the local Premier Inn allows you to store your bike in your room.

Only if they’re clean AND you ask politely. Don’t just assume and wheel them in.

njee20
    Free Member

Whilst I’ve never done it with a truly filthy bike I’ve never asked and always just walked in with my bike at Travelodges/Premier Inns/Holiday Inn Expresses up and down the land! Asking probably wouldn’t go amiss, but I’d just sneak it in anyway, easier to ask forgiveness and all that…

Go to any hotel near a National race and there will be a lot of bikes in rooms!

Mister-P
    Free Member

Last time I went to BPW I stayed HERE at Llechwen Hall Hotel. The moules mariniere for starter were fantastic.

pedroball
    Free Member

http://www.themountpleasantinn.co.uk/
    I stayed here – about 2 miles south of BPW, super friendly, store room for bikes that you can wash down. bar area with open fire, TV, really good food and the best Guiness I’ve had out of Ireland!

warns74
    Free Member

If you don’t mind a 45 minute drive afterwards then we (usually a small group of ageing blokes) always stay at Afan Lodge, plus you then have the options of all the trails at Glyncorrwg from the door.

soobalias
    Free Member

cheap and local – The Butchers Arms Pontsticill, bunk accomodation above the pub, 15mins from BPW. Breakfast/Dinner/Beer were great. The other pub in the village (Red Cow) is one of the friendliest Ive found in Wales

Afan Lodge – recommended, bit of a drive tho.

ThePinkster

+1/for the Butchers Arms. Couldn’t be more helpful and their real ales were pretty good too.

Rockape63
    Free Member

Thanks Guys…we decided Afan Lodge was too far, so will check these out.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Bike Park Wales accomodation recommendations’ is closed to new replies.