Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Bike Park Wales??
  • michaelmcc
    Free Member

Hey,

Just looking for a little more info on bike park Wales, and riders views on it. I’ve been on the website and looked at the trail map, but it doesn’t really give you a feel of what they’re like. Is there a good mix of jumpy and technical stuff? What bikes do people generally use? (DH or all mountain/enduro). Is it a similar vibe to trail centres like Afan in terms of what the downhills are like?

And also, will I feel like I’m back in Whistler again? 😛 . I’m doubtful on that last one but I’d definitely be keen on giving it a visit, just want to find out more about it.

Cheers chaps.

michaelmcc
    Free Member

Eh? I should note that I’m hoping for something a bit more technical than most trail centres Ive been to.

mrhoppy

I’d say it’s fairly trail centrey and it is very Sorreled as you expect seeing as he designed it. Saying that I’ve not done the blacks yet.

FROGLEEK
    Free Member

If you have both a DH and a trail bike take the later as there are only really two trails suitable for the full on DH bikes, besides which all trails can be ridden with a decent FS
    I love it tbh but I’m only 20mins up the road. It’s a great mix of purpose built trails and more natural rootsy singletrack
    Everything from fast flowy blues where you can jump berms and pump to your hearts content to more techy rocky blacks with more committing features drop offs, road gaps etc
    Apparently most of the accidents they’ve had happen on the blues due to speed gained compared to what the average rider is used to in most trail centres
    Great to mix it up with a morning of climbing with some cheeky shortcuts and ad hoc uplifts in the afternoon
    Really all thats missing is some woodwork, ladders etc but with lots of scope to expand the centre I’m sure this will come!

michaelmcc
    Free Member

Nice one Frog!!! Enough there for a weekend then? Just saw a video of the proline in youtube, intense looking. Enter the dragon looks nice but some of the jumps look like they aren’t shaped all that well in terms of flow.

FROGLEEK
    Free Member

Enter the Dragon is my fav, it follows the line of the old dragon DH course hence the name – the first tabletops are massive and take speed to clear but that delivers you into the woods with plenty of momentum.
    Check out Dai hard for more natural slabs and big road gap, the old rock garden has been kept for Zut Alors – lots of fun
    If you’re going for a weekend and feel you want to explore there is a great DH trail at Mountain Ash accessible from the top of Gethin too

david47
    Free Member

Look for the videos on YouTube… Gives a reasonable idea…

slowrider
    Free Member

I went when it was piss wet through and really enjoyed it. Took a bit of grunt to get enough speed for the jumps at the start of enter the dragon but once you get it the two step downs after are fast and fun.

Enjoyed the other black too,can’t remember its name. Probably something to do with missing the ‘gap jump’ sign and squashing the take off, knocking myself out on the road gap…

mindmap3
    Free Member

I went on Friday and loved it…had an absolute blast and can’t wait to go back. It was one of the most fun days I’ve ever had on a bike.

My Rune was fine for it not that I did stuff like the road gap. I loved the blues. Not technical but super smooth with lots of flow and vet, very fast. There was only one bit that I didn’t enjoy and that was because it as a soggy clag fest. Enter the Dragon was fun too as were reds like Pork Belly.

The visitor centre is nice with good facilities. My only gripes were that the uplift wasn’t the fastest especially compared to Antur Stiniog and that the lad uplift was too early at 4pm.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Bike Park Wales??’ is closed to new replies.