Home Forums Chat Forum Bike packer sprayed with slurry

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 110 total)
  • Bike packer sprayed with slurry
    Rubber_Buccaneer

I meant “spared” rather than “sorted”, as in “filled it up”.😁

Yeah, yeah, whatever you say ‘Poopscoop’ 😀

thegeneralist
    Free Member

Lol, funnily enough I did have the trotts on one SDW attempt that I put down to od’ing on energy gels! I sorted the bivvy bag but I got through a few leaves.😉

Flap jacks were a far better/ safer option!

Wouldn’t they abrade the **** out of your arse? Not very absorbent either….

My understanding is that this would not have been legal in Scotland

Hang on, sorry. Which bit? You *seem* to be implying that the farmer’s actions were legal in England!

convert

Hang on, sorry. Which bit? You *seem* to be implying that the farmer’s actions were legal in England!

No, he seems to be implying it would not be legal to camp there……..even in Scotland. Not sure legal is the right term technically – Scottish outdoor access code says “but help to avoid causing problems for local people and land managers by not camping in enclosed fields of crops or farm animals and by keeping well away from buildings, roads or historic structures. ” – but not sure if that makes it legal or not. It’s something I follow so not really considered if not doing so was illegal or just bad manners.

dyna-ti

Bit of an overreaction by the farmer. Seems the wild camper is paying the price for other problems the farmer has likely made for himself.

Never mind, im sure the camper can go back in a few months and raze one of his fields back to stubble.

jam-bo

I’ve been trying to work out where it was from the video and if it’s where I think it is, it’s only about half a mile from the legitimate wild camping zone on Dartmoor.

Poopscoop

jam-bo
    I’ve been trying to work out where it was from the video and if it’s where I think it is, it’s only about half a mile from the legitimate wild camping zone on Dartmoor.

From what I’ve gleaned online he arrived in the dark and wasn’t familiar with the area I’d assume.

jam-bo
    jam-bo

It’s on route 27 ncn

Poopscoop

^^ Well found. 👍

Assuming he’s finishing in Scotland, he’s got a bloody long way to go. I hope the event hasn’t caused him to give up on the ride. That would be a bloody shame.

ampthill

Sorry

Yes I’m assuming spraying with slurry is illegal in the whole uk. It’s portably a war crime if you count slurry a biological weapon.

My question was about the wild camping law in Scotland

Everything I’ve seen so far says not in an enclosed field

thegeneralist
    Free Member

would not be legal to camp there……..even in Scotland

Aah, righto. Cheers

As above.

:-)

scotroutes

Section 6.1.(i) of the Land Reform (Scotland) Act 2001 might apply –

The land in respect of which access rights are not exercisable is land—

in which crops have been sown or are growing;

Enclosed fields are fair game subject to the above proviso. Field margins are also acceptable if there is no crop damage being done.

(a)includes land on which grass is being grown for hay and silage which is at such a late stage of growth that it is likely to be damaged by the exercise of access rights in respect of the land in which it is growing, but otherwise does not include grassland;

(b)does not include headrigs, endrigs or other margins of fields in which crops are growing

ratherbeintobago

Anyone heard anything further about the original story?

Cougar

I’m assuming spraying with slurry is illegal in the whole uk.

I’ve heard tell that intentionally driving through puddles to soak pedestrians can be considered assault.  I’ve no idea whether that’s true or apocryphal, but if it is true then multiple gallons of hydrated cow dung should be an open and shit case.

fasthaggis

👏

tjagain

I’ve heard tell that intentionally driving through puddles to soak pedestrians can be considered assault.

It is and folk have been prosecuted for it -= not necessarily for assault tho tho it would IMO pass the test for assault as well.

https://news.sky.com/story/pedestrians-splashed-by-cars-complain-to-police-10376669

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/you-could-fined-5000-driving-21140316

intheborders
    Free Member

Everything I’ve seen so far says not in an enclosed field

I wouldn’t worry if no one could see me, as in no buildings in sight.

Worse-case normally is someone telling you to FO, but I’ve never ever had that.

Duggan

Legally, “Assault” is putting somebody in fear of immediate unlawful force (regardless if it happen or not) and “Battery” is using unlawful force against somebody. Though literally nobody, including the police and the media use the legal definitions very much and simply use the terms as they are commonly understood.

Naturally, it is common that the two come together quite a lot, so most time(s) people are a victim of Assault+Battery (or Assault + a more serious offence)

Meaning, for sure the offence in the video could qualify for both- ditto for deliberately or recklessly splashing people with puddles in your car.

In fact, I recall that under the Offences against the Persons Act, deliberately or recklessly infecting someone with a disease equally counts as an offence, though more of a grey area. ABH is “some harm more than trivial” and doesn’t have to be permanent so if the victim in the video were to be infected with a more than trivial disease of some sort as a result of the sh*t-spray, then I think hypothetically in some scenarios the farmer could even be guilty of ABH.

The cyclist is trespassing (we presume) but that’s a civil offence so not sure how much mitigation it would offer the farmer.

convert

The cyclist is trespassing (we presume) but that’s a civil offence so not sure how much mitigation it would offer the farmer.

Especially as he didn’t use the slightly more reasonable talking to him first approach before doing the dirty.

On reflection I hope the farmer finds himself in a legal shit storm of similar ferocity to the literal one he meted out.

Duggan

Yeah exactly, I agree tbf.

Even if the farmer is sick of repeat offenders or whatever, he could surely just put a sign up- there’s not one visible at the entrance and we get a pretty good look in the video.

martinhutch

I believe that the Offences against the Person Act contains an offence of  ‘administering a noxious substance with intent to injure, aggrieve or annoy’ , which fits this nicely.

Courts have already found that throwing piss over someone qualifies as a ‘noxious substance’, so farm slurry undoubtedly qualifies too.

I do hope the bloke is OK, still enjoying his journey, and once he becomes aware of the ‘shitstorm’, he can approach the police to deal with this idiot.

Precisely zero, particularly as the fool has published video of the entire incident so any claims of ‘feeling threatened’ or some other feature which would make it aggravated trespass are patently non-existent. He can’t even claim that he flipped and now regrets what he did, as he was clearly enjoying himself, and was happy to talk to the Sun later.

Tracey

martinhutch

Now wondering what Tracey has been chucking out of her cable car onto unsuspecting walkers. :)

singletrackmind

Skiing in morzine the main cabin lift up towards VDI had a major motor failure.
    Unfortunately the cabins were full of skiers .
    After a few hours a lady was so desperate for a wee she had to go.
    The doors were prised open and 2 gentleman held her arms as she parked her herself out in the cold air and took a wazz.
    Unfortunately the lift does run above a black run which had people on it.
    It took them hours to abseil every person down one at a time

martinhutch

2 gentleman held her arms as she parked her herself out in the cold air and took a wazz.

And they say the age of chivalry is dead.

jameso

On reflection I hope the farmer finds himself in a legal shit storm of similar ferocity to the literal one he meted out.

I’m sure the Sun had that possibility in mind when giving the farmer the opportunity to give his name, full account of the incident, location of his farm etc. Anything for a story ‘that runs’.

Cougar

Courts have already found that throwing piss over someone qualifies as a ‘noxious substance’

Someone had their collar felt for throwing a milkshake at Farage.  Though the actual location of the noxious substance is debatable, one could argue that it was an act of dilution.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Burger king milkshakes are a bit rank, but McDonalds are quite moreish. So I don’t think they qualify as noxious.

fasgadh
    Free Member

This was a common tactic in Radnorshire against New Age Travellers – there was one significant difference. The commons were sprayed with slurry before the buses and old ambulances trundled up.

Dickyboy

This was a common tactic in Radnorshire against New Age Travellers – there was one significant difference. The commons were sprayed with slurry before the buses and old ambulances trundled up.

Ditto when CND planned a human chain between RAF strike command & the USAF base at Dawes Hill

devash
    Free Member

I also thought it could be a set up video.

This is what I first though. Clickbait. Will be interesting to see if its legit.

zomg

For what it’s worth there’s a woman in Cambridge with a criminal record for attacking a cyclist with dog turds. This doesn’t seem entirely dissimilar.

neilthewheel

I also thought it could be a set up video.

Who would volunteer to be sprayed with shite for a set-up video?

convert

That’s a nice tent that. You’d be using an argos festival special for a set up video. Only a true geek would know the difference and you get your big clickbait numbers from the ignorant.

TiRed

According to the surprisingly balanced comments on that farming forum, you can’t spray within 2m of a hedge centreline. So another breach for defra. I don’t expect the cyclist will press charges. Probably wants an easy ride given his reasons for riding LEJOG. anyone found his sponsorship page?

martinhutch

That’s a nice tent that. You’d be using an argos festival special for a set up video

My thoughts too, noone is buying a 300 quid lightweight tent to spray it with shite.

zilog6128

I don’t expect the cyclist will press charges

you’ve been watching too many Yank detective shows, there’s no “pressing charges” in UK law – the victim’s permission/co-operation is not required for either an arrest or a prosecution (especially when this muppet farmer has kindly provided all the necessary evidence himself 😂)

jamiemcf

So who is calling the cops then?

ratherbeintobago

I wonder if anyone already has.

TiRed

Well it’s true, he has rather incriminated himself. I was thinking from the pursuant of damages side of things. Personal injury and all that.

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 110 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.