• This topic has 56 replies, 36 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by Del.
Viewing 17 posts - 41 through 57 (of 57 total)
  • Bike on bike rack hit by car. Advice sought.
  • irc

So STW rules are now if somebody hits your car and damages it just let them go if it’s not much?

Is it worth chasing other drivers/insurance for 5p? No. £1000? yes. The debate is where the line is drawn.

I agree that having an accident to declare at next renewal is not worth it for the cost of a wheel true.

It’s not like it was a hit and run. The driver stopped and no damage was apparent at that time.

DezB
    Free Member

So STW rules are now if somebody hits your car and damages it just let them go if it’s not much?

a lot of things amaze me on this forum and this is one of them.

hora
    Free Member

Who hit whose car?

Drama lessons are needed for BBC Eastenders actors and now STWers it seems.

Sheesh. Get a grip

poah
    Free Member

you don’t have to go through your insurance company, you can contact the other drivers insurance directly. however, for the sake of a wheel true its not worth the hassle and difficult to prove with out witnesses.

Nobby

The money from your increase in premiums next time you renew your insurance. Just take it to a bike shop and get it trued, it’s really not worth the hassle and additional expense you’ll incur in the future.

Are people just not getting this? The car was not hit, the bike was. As such, it has nothing to do with the OP’s insurance policy as it won’t cover the bike therefore there is absolutely no reason to report it to them (unless, of course, you want to start a rant thread about f#*^€¥g motor insurance companies not paying for something I’d not actually insured against).

The third party who struck it will have the appropriate cover under his motor policy as the only legal requirement we have in the Uk is damage or injury to third parties and/or their property.

It’s another example of why, even if there’s no obvious damage, you should always get at least a phone number at an RTA. I’m sure the guy would sort it if he got a call saying the wheel needs retruing & the LBS reckons £20.

hora
    Free Member

‘Hi insurer I’d like £20 for my wheel truing’

What if your own insurer find out?

You’ve officially then been involved in an accident.

Ffs its a wheel tru it/move on.

Im out.

DezB
    Free Member

It’s another example of why, even if there’s no obvious damage, you should always get at least a phone number at an RTA. I’m sure the guy would sort it if he got a call saying the wheel needs retruing & the LBS reckons £20.

But, surely its fine for useless idiots to go driving into other people’s property without any comeback? Thats what i’ve learned from this thread anyway.

hora
    Free Member

An anon supermarket door opened onto yours is far more interms of cost/affect.

@perspectiveDezb

DezB
    Free Member

Of course Hora. £20 or a new wheel is nothing. Just a bit of inconvenience. Idiots in cars can do what they want.

Nobby

‘Hi insurer I’d like £20 for my wheel truing’

What if your own insurer find out?

You’ve officially then been involved in an accident.

Eh? So what you’re saying is that if you get knocked off your bike by a driver your motor insurer will find out?

lobby_dosser
    Free Member

But, surely its fine for useless idiots to go driving into other people’s property without any comeback? Thats what i’ve learned from this thread anyway.

maybe this?

Assuming that your bike rack was not obscuring your lights or number plate

DezB
    Free Member

Makes no sense to me, what you’ve posted l_d

mikewsmith
    Free Member

hora – Member
    An anon supermarket door opened onto yours is far more interms of cost/affect.

@perspectiveDezb
    Says someone making an assumption about whats wrong with a wheel they have not seen.
    Check that there is no more damage before writing it off as one of those things.
    Take steps to make sure you can get the other persons details.
    Doing these steps means you have options.

hora
    Free Member

Eh? So what you’re saying is that if you get knocked off your bike by a driver your motor insurer will find out?

Del

good lob, is this still going on?

DezB
    Free Member

It gives you a lob Del?

Del

been single for a while dude. you’d be surprised… 😯

Viewing 17 posts - 41 through 57 (of 57 total)

The topic ‘Bike on bike rack hit by car. Advice sought.’ is closed to new replies.