Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Bike Nerd Christmas List
  • Conan257
    Free Member

Struggling to find some things to let the missus buy for me this year. I ride a single speed commuter to work, and a AM mountain bike, which are both specced quite highly so don’t need upgrading.

Anyone spotted any nice bits of kit etc that I may not have thought of, which would work for her or family members to give as gifts? Ideas below £25 probably best!

thomthumb
    Free Member

buy stuff you want.

give it to people to give back to you (via the wife)

Ideas below £25 probably best!

tell them it cost what they want to spend.

YAY! christmas.

TiRed

Bike tyre belt. Received one last Christmas and have worn it all year.

jaffejoffer
    Free Member

CRC vouchers! get a handful of twentyfivequidders then fill yer boots!

Nobby

Or its bigger brother 🙂

Nobby

And now I need one of these too:

The latest in Park Tool sustenance transfer technology perfect for the pre-race pasta party!

Compatible with all current oral aperture standards with no prior facing or reaming required

Constructed from 316 food grade stainless steel and dishwasher safe

Made in the USA and covered by Park’s legendary limited lifetime warranty

makecoldplayhistory
    Free Member

Waterproof socks / gloves

bling jockey wheels

dirtydog
    Free Member

Wheel bags, great if you transport bikes in car, helps keep car clean and prevents wheel damage/tangling with frame.

cookeaa

I emailed my Missus a set of links to Wiggle/Merlin/CRC’s Voucher pages for wider distribution to the rest of the family…

Having thought about it further though, I did think maybe I should have just asked for Wiggle vouchers as I may end up with say £30 in CRC, £20 in Merlin and £25 in Wiggle all lovely but £75 to spend with just one shop would be more use TBH…

If you ask for something specifically cycling related, they’ll probably get it wrong, if you ask for a bunch of relatives to all get you vouchers they don’t have to spend a relative fortune on you but you could end up accruing a useful sum…

My Mum will of course buy me a Jumper no matter what…

IA

New high quality grips ( I like ESI and Oury) always a treat to replace worn ones.

Fresh gloves, more socks (waterproof or otherwise) also nice.

Some ridiculous tarty bits e.g. fancy spacers/topcap/clamps etc?

mjsmke

N + 1.

MoreCashThanDash

Loving tbe Park Tools spork thingy.

Headset spacer or top cap from kapz.co.uk?

I find a Wiggle wish list reduces the chance of error from non-cyclists.

Having had a fondle of the frame at the weekend my list will start this year with an Enigma Etape Disc. It has become known as the “Holly Willoughby Project”. Strangely desirable and waaaaaaay out of my league.

Conan257
    Free Member

I do normally send her an email with links, so there’s little chance of getting something wrong…

I like the wheel bag idea though!

breninbeener

Ask for stuff like Rego post exercise recovery shake. Its something you and your body will enjoy after a ride and its available in a variety of sizes for different budgets

lucky7500

I still need one of these! The other colours are probably more enduro though…
    http://doiydesign.com/en/products/78-fixie-pizza-cutter.html

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Bike Nerd Christmas List’ is closed to new replies.