Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Bike Jumbles
  • tootallpaul

Hello…

The garage is nearly bursting with stuff I need to shift on. In the past I would have shoved it all on the classifieds, but the recent hike in postal charges has made me think about bike jumbles.

Are there any in the South East? I’m based in Woking.

Are they worthwhile?

Any ideas?

Cheers!

Paul

nickjb
    Free Member

The Bristol one is great. Free to buy and sell and a nice location, nothing to lose really. I generally buy one or two items each time. Had a stall once and sold about half my stock. Not sure if there is anything similar down your way.

tootallpaul

Bristol is possible. I’d have to sell quite a lot to cover the fuel though…

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

Southampton Bike Park are having a Dig Day and Bike jumble this Sunday.

In Southampton funny enough

tootallpaul

WCA- Interesting. I can’t seem to find any further information about the Bike Jumble though…

Lummox

interested in knowing more about this jumble too

ThePinkster

I’ve just found this. don’t know if it’s any help but there’s one at Herne Hill velodrome next weekend.

muddyground
    Free Member

The bike jumbles I’ve done have been a bit hit and miss for mountain biking gear, but they’re excellent places for moving road cycling stuff on. People are happy to spend decent amounts of cash. They’re cheap to attend, more personal than eBay and you get an insight into the lives of people for whom anything built after 1920 is considered modern. You see some really eccentric characters.

mattsccm
    Free Member

I think they are great , Bristol is . I wish there were some closer. Parking(cheap yes) fuel, and the Severn bridge means it costs me 15 quid ish to go from the Forest of Dean.
    Bloody bridge fees. £6.20!
    Have toyed with running one in the FoD if I could find a venue.
    Suggestions?

bland

Similar thoughts on setting one up also. Was wondering about doing one in tod in collaboration with STW towers and then having an organised ride after or something down them lines

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Bike Jumbles’ is closed to new replies.