Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Bike insurance question- making a claim (reciept evidence)
  • olixmb4x
    Free Member

Hello,

just a question about insurance.

My bike was never bought from new as a whole bike (built using parts) and im not sure i have reciept for each component.

what implications would this have on making a claim? they ask for a recipt of the bike – but what if you dont have one single reciept for the bike when it was new?

Would you just have to submit lots of reciepts for wheel / frame / fork etc?

Anybody got any experience of this?

Thanks

bails

Ask your insurers. they’re the only ones who can tell you what they require.

Leku
    Free Member

I provided the few receipts I had (Merlin and CRC etc allow you to print off old purchase details).
    Then photos used as proof for the rest.

andysredmini
    Free Member

I asked an insurer I was obtaining a quote from as I am in a similar situation.
    2 bikes built from scratch, 3 bought complete but upgraded. I have receipts for barely anything as my local bike shop don’t bother as im a regular and any problems are just sorted.
    The insurance company told me that I just need to obtain written quotations from a bike shop.
    I cant remember who the insurer was as I was only making some initial enquires before looking properly in the next week or two.

Edit: They also said photos and the frame numbers would help.

olixmb4x
    Free Member

just rang, they said to get a valuation from a LBS, and get plenty of pictures. then you should be covered.

olixmb4x
    Free Member

question answered, remove thread!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Bike insurance question- making a claim (reciept evidence)’ is closed to new replies.