Home Forums Chat Forum bike-components.de

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • bike-components.de
  • roadworrier

Quick one…

Sort of PSA… But only for those that are as stupid as me.

Was searching around online for a few bits and hit upon bike-components and they looked cheaper. So built up an order to reach their threshold (EUR135). Naively assumed they were set up for all inclusive delivery, like, for example, bike-inn.

Turns out that despite the minimum order threshold, and the EUR20 delivery charge, they sell VAT exc and I’ve been hit with a £70 import charge.

Entirely my own fault.

But wanted to remind others.

Frustratingly, nothing was unique or unobtainable, so could have got from Tredz and others. My lazy assumption has cost me a bit, plus however long it takes Pacelforce to get round to delivering the parcel once I pay.

Lesson learnt.

tomhoward

If an EU shop has a minimum order of €135+ there will generally be VAT to pay here, but you should have the native VAT removed by the retailer. Import duty will be added if what you are buying is made outside the EU, plus any additional processing fees added by the courier, normally £12-15.

or you might get away with it, but less likely now everyone has largely got their act together.

namastebuzz
    Free Member

I bought some Magura MT5s, TRP Slate Evos & Shimano Winter SPD Boots from them.

The deals were so cheap that even with the shipping and import charges I still saved a packet…

Onzadog
    Free Member

Yep, that’s the reason for the minimum spend. Below that, they have to sort vat and duty, over that, it’s your problem.

You used to be able to order much smaller quantities from them which was ideal for small parts that they just don’t seem to bring into the UK.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.