Viewing 31 posts - 161 through 191 (of 191 total)
  • bike company sent invoice year later ..
  • coomber
    Free Member

Have we any update? Genuinely interested to see how this ends

nobbyq
    Free Member

hi , no update as of yet , waiting on canyon to reply about the amount ,maybe ill hear next jan ! 🙂

frankconway

**** me, he’s back!

gonzy
    Free Member

maybe ill hear next jan

their prices will have gone up again by that time 😆

n0b0dy0ftheg0at
    Free Member

IANAL, morally I think OP should be paying the price they saw on the Canyon site when they hit the payment confirmation button last year, if the OP has triple checked their bank statements to ensure Canyon have not already received a payment for the bike since placing the order.

If this error is widespread with Canyon’s business last year, where money has not been paid for goods, it could explain why some people are waiting an age for the bikes to arrive. Computer says company is in financial trouble; less frames and components in warehouse; cuts workforce; less employees available to put bikes together etc.

If this error is widespread, regardless of whether they are now trying to “double-charge” customers for items sold or whether they did not accept payment for goods when orders were placed, it is likely to further encourage people to not buy from Canyon.

widge34
    Free Member

Well after getting an invoice from canyon this week for a crash replacement frame and fork, that I received last June,I emailed them to see if I could pay by credit card, only to be told that crash replacement schemes can only be paid by bank transfer.
    What a pain in the ass that was to set up and send money. I had to google the full address of bank in Germany, as my bank would not let me leave any details blank. The info on the canyon invoice was not detailed enough.

cloudnine
    Free Member

Canyon guys probably a bit busy posting gels and cheap helmets to the UK this week..

superstu
    Free Member

OP, any response from Canyon on this?

simons_nicolai-uk
    Free Member

“What a pain in the ass that was to set up and send money”

transferwise. That is all.

akira

Conversely canyon posted a bike out and charged my wife after she cancelled it, then she had to email the chief executive to get her money back. Not keen on direct sales models which don’t seem set up for direct sales.

mountainman

Many years ago i hired a car in York from a national firm then drove home to Bath dropped car at depot out of hours so posted keys through letter box as agreed.
    I called them following morning to check they had keys and request my deposit back which i had paid in cash at the time in York.
    3 days later cheque arrived in post for deposit,cashed it. End of business.
    A month later another cheque arrived in the post for my deposit again , i held it for a month then paid it into my bank but kept the money aside for 3 months ,no requests were ever recieved for the double refund.

So my trip from York to Bath cost me next to nothing .
    Their mistake not mine. over 30 years ago now.

otsdr
    Free Member

They did make a mistake, but you could have opted not to cash in the second cheque. So it was a “mistake” on your part, as well.

thecaptain
    Free Member

Mistake? It was theft.

honourablegeorge

Reminds me of being a student, my mate had a summer job, but continued being paid for a few months after he’d left. Thursday nights in the pub, taking turns nipping out and checking the ATM every 10 minutes after 11pm to see if we were going out for the night or not.

Of course, the more mature me would frown on this sort of thing nowadays

larkim
    Free Member

I read in the Liverpool Echo some years ago about a bloke who was prosecuted after taking advantage of a company’s mistakes.

He bought a large TV from Costco which was displayed as being (say) £1,999. At the checkout, it rang through as £199. He didn’t query it, the till operator didn’t query it, he walked away with a nice cheap large TV. And at that point hadn’t done anything particularly wrong.

But when he went back a second time, and a third time, and a fourth time when the mistake still hadn’t been fixed, he was knowingly taking advantage of their mistake to create a situation of obtaining property by deception (aka theft). He was convicted.

The first instance was considered to be the store’s own risk – contract law says that the price on the shelf is only an “invitation to treat” so isn’t binding, the contract is made when the till operator effectively says “I offer to sell this to you for the price I’m ringing it through at” and you accept that offer. If the till operator (or the company) has made a mistake in the price that they offer, that won’t necessarily invalidate the contract (though it can do – the doctrine of mistake comes into play). But from that criminal case it seems that if you induce the mistake from the company with intent to take advantage of it, that can be considered to be a criminal offence.

So I’d agree with thecaptain here – banking the second cheque (30 years ago!) I think would technically be theft; it’s an intentional act of taking advantage of a mistake where at least clarifying the position was not difficult to do.

But I digress…

LordFelchamtheIII
    Free Member

I’ve just taken receipt of a payment demand from Canyon, and I have no idea what it’s for. It looks like they’re updating their books as this one is automated, but now they’re getting a little threatening with ‘Legal Action’

PaulGillespie
    Free Member

Just had a demanding letter too. I called to confirm it was a legit email and the guy in CS was a little shirty! They completely ballsed up my order back in September 2015 and refunded me thousands of pounds accidentally! I did the decent thing and sent it back.

coomber
    Free Member

Sent what back? The bike or the money? A used bike? I’m confused.

tuskaloosa
    Free Member

the plot thickens..

PaulGillespie
    Free Member

I sent them their money back. Kept the bike…love it!

wwaswas

This does all sound like the ongoing fallout from their SAP implementation fiasco.

bigblackshed

Ah, you mention SAP. It’s no wonder they’re in a mess.

m0rk
    Free Member

We joked 16yrs ago when we installed SAP that it stood for Stops All Production

Turns out it was Stops All Payment too.

coomber
    Free Member

So did you sort this thread creator? Sunday curiosity!

Rorschach
    Free Member

I DEMAND CLOSURE!!!

nobbyq
    Free Member

update , i offered to pay in full with a bit of discount -refused
    offered to pay in instalments -refused
    now I’ve offered to pay in 2 instalments into a uk bank account …they saying i have to wire to german acc at my cost , not happy with that and waiting on reply !
    for all the perfect honest members on here , i have never refused to pay for the bike , i gave them card details , not my fault they screwed it all up , i wanted 5 months for a bike too , they are truly a seriously crap company , i do believe theres a few similar cases here in the uk !

nairnster
    Free Member

I still dont understand how you didn’t notice they failed to take the money originally.

Leku
    Free Member

https://www.canyon.com/en-gb/shop/information/

Their own web site says that the accept CC & PayPal. No mention of bank transfers.

nobbyq
    Free Member

[quoteI still don’t understand how you didn’t notice they failed to take the money originally] because my gf was paying for it , i don’t have /want access to her acc!

nairnster
    Free Member

If thats the case the invoice belongs to her then.

richmtb

they are truly a seriously crap company

Well they seem to be going out of their way to be inflexible.

Are they still trying to charge you more in GBP due to exchange rates or is that resolved?

Viewing 31 posts - 161 through 191 (of 191 total)

The topic ‘bike company sent invoice year later ..’ is closed to new replies.