Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Big group of MTBs on Sustrans 6 this afternoon.
  • Harry_the_Spider

Loads of people on the trails this afternoon. I was out with occasional forum botherer Derek Starship and we bumped into Rusty Spanners and Mrs Spanners.

There was also a bunch of about 15 in Outwood heading towards Manchester on Sustrans 6 at about 3:30. The lady at the front of the bunch looked vaguely familiar. Blonde hair, light blue bike and a determined look in her eye. Were any forum dwellers in the group?

I was in black heading the other way on an Inbred. Derek Starship was on a Marin full susser.

If it was you where did you get to?

Harry_the_Spider

Nobody?

RustySpanner

‘ello ‘arry.

Kept our eyes open but didn’t see anyone.

Did notice that a lot of ‘work’ has been done to the trails on the Phillips Park/Pilkingtons Loop side – trees removed, trail widened and loads of white gravel filling in the ruts on one of the wider bits. 🙁

Hope this isn’t a sign of things to come, now that the council has stuck it’s nose in and decided to ‘take responsibility’ for the area.

If they decide to ‘rationalise’ the tight little downhill (the one with the single step and muddy section) that Ms Spanner always falls off on I shall be bloody annoyed.
    Not sure if I’ll be annoyed enough to turn up at midnight with some gear and remove the ‘improvements’, but it’s a possibility.

Harry_the_Spider

Lots of work going on. I think that the gravel bits are for the heavy vehicles that they’ve had down there. The narrow stuff has remained un-improved.

BigDummy
    Free Member

Blonde hair, light blue bike and a determined look in her eye.

Sounds like mrsflash. 🙂

Harry_the_Spider

Sounds like mrsflash.

I honestly thought it was.

RustySpanner

Harry, sadly some of the narrow trails past Pilkingtons, heading down to the Sewage Farm, (oh yes, I KNOW how to show a lady a good time :-)) have been messed with.

Just going to have to wait and see I suppose.

From your description of the mystery lady, Ms Spanner reckons it could have been the young lass from the HTN preview ride – she’d come over from Ilkley way with her bloke and had a mate who’d just moved up round your way. Saw her at the race too – think her team won a prize?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Big group of MTBs on Sustrans 6 this afternoon.’ is closed to new replies.