Home Forums Chat Forum Bi fold door replacement parts help please

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Bi fold door replacement parts help please
  • FunkyDunc
    Free Member

The bi fold door mechanism to our conservatory has broken, well a small piece of plastic that holds the door up in the track has.

Any ideas where I can get a new bit of plastic? I’m not sure what to Google , but haven’t found anything similar yet. I think the doors are about 8 yrs old.

thanks

nixie

Hunt for any kind of part number or branding on the hinge/track. Then search for any you find. If your lucky you’ll find the manual or parts list and can work it out from there.

DT78
    Free Member

I take it you didn’t get them fitted then?  I’d be trying the manufacturer first.  If it wasn’t you who fitted it might be on the paperwork from the fitting,

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

The doors were there when we bought the house. No paperwork unfortunately

dyna-ti

Im guessing from the description that this is the piece that holds up the middle section of the bi-fold. That would make it the top fold pivot

Replacement should only be £5-£10, but you would probably need to get the door off, which will mean accessing the screws holding it on. Either way that could turn into a bit of a job, so be prepared with a flask of tea and a tin of sandwiches.

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

Im guessing from the description that this is the piece that holds up the middle section of the bi-fold.

No its actually the end that fully opens. Unfortunately though to get the broken bits out I will have to take the doors off, which looks a painful job!

Also looks like a very cheap mechanism, so it could be there is no chance of finding the 1 bit.

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

Hunt for any kind of part number or branding on the hinge/track. Then search for any you find. If your lucky you’ll find the manual or parts list and can work it out from there.

Result – managed to get one end of the track down without dislodging the doors.

You can get the kits in Screwfix.

This is the part which had snapped in 2. Not sure if you can see in the pic but there is an ‘H’ in the middle. Bit of googling and its a company called Henderson. Found the part on their website, and it looks like whoever fitted the doors used the wrong kit ie one not designed to carry the weight of glass doors. Rang Hendersons to see if a more heavy duty version would work and they are sending one out free of charge as opposed to £30 !   :-)

the more heavy duty Hangers have much more plastic reinforcement right where mine has snapped in the middle.

qwerty
    Free Member

👆🏻 that photo looks like a StarWars fighter

poolman
    Free Member

That’s a result, my garage door mech broke and I had to replace the whole door as the part is now obsolete.

If I were you I d get a couple of spares.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.