• This topic has 59 replies, 39 voices, and was last updated 12 years ago by ezzy.
Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 60 total)
  • Better than I ever thought possible. Warning, new bike content.
  • ask1974
    Free Member

That’s-not-my-name, I ride the punch bowl almost every week but only collected my five this last Friday. I rode the bowl a few weeks ago on an orange one but that was a demo bike.

iainc

That is a lovely looking 5. i have an 08 one that started as a pro and now all xt and it weighs in bang on 28lbs. drooling over that new one though 🙂

cardo

Great looking/spec’d bike, been out on mine riding a 20 mile XC loop today… one of my best experiences was chasing and overtaking guys on downhill bikes in the Alps… Great do it all piece of kit and a doddle to maintain.. enjoy!

mojo5pro
    Free Member

“the five pro pails in comparision”..please elaborate 😯

thats_not_my_name
    Free Member

Ask1974 – I’ll keep an eye out for you as I ride around there a lot, too. I’ve got an Orange ST4 and used to have a Sub 5, so enjoy your new 5.

ask1974
    Free Member

I’ve taken a week off leading into Christmas to spend time with wife and kids. Somehow I think much time will also be spent flying around the hills. Added a Fender Bender 2.1 today and went for a quick spin down the road just for the hell of it, nearly kept going…

d45yth
    Free Member

XTR Chainsets…buying them is the easy bit, replacing the rings is the wallet emptier! You can buy a full set of Raceface rings for the price of a XTR outer ring!

ask1974
    Free Member

Mojo5pro I tested two five pro’s, a 18″ and a 17″. Obviously loved them but the build on mine is very different. The RP23 and Float 140 RLC’s feel much smoother and offer a plusher ride. The brakes (XT 203/180) are unbelievably powerful and not even bedded in, but I think the biggest difference are the wheels / tyres. I have Mavic Crossmax ST with Specialzed tubeless at low pressure. Compared to the bikes I tested it just feels faster, more agile with better grip and feel.

Gary_C

A group of us were riding in the Lakes today, stopped for a regroup near Iron Keld, & were soon joined by what looked like the Orange Owners Club…

But it was a large group of riders from Biketreks an Orange demo day.

Not a fan myself, but the ‘Strange’ 29er looked ace !

ask1974
    Free Member

That’s-not-my-name I’ll keep an eye out too. We usually ride Saturdays and hit the top of Gibbet around 0830, stopping for tea at the cafe around 1030 after a few up and downs. Off to Pitch Hill next week to ride with a few mates who know Pitch, Holmbury and Leith like the back of their hand. Should be a lot of fun 😀

xcneil
    Free Member

Not into “big” bikes but if i was i’d want the 5 it’s a very nice bike

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

It looks like some filing cabinets.

That bike ith thweet man.
    If your’e like me, you’ll just want to keep going once your’e out on it. Doesn’t matter how knackered I am, I always want to go further on my 5, **** love it.
    (Mines ‘only’ 28.5lbs though!)

wormhole

welcome to the 5 owners club, you will never look back!!

ezzy
    Free Member

I think that’s the nicest 5 I’ve seen and I say that having seen it in the flesh- it really does look something very special and somehow less ‘agricultural’ than the other 5s I’ve seen. Enjoy!

ask1974
    Free Member

Ezzy, did I ride with you yesterday?

swiftyx2
    Free Member

Stunning “Five” there mate, and the XTR just sets it off perfect.

Any chance of full spec list and some more pics??? e-mail me if you prefer.

Need spec list to put on my letter to Santa…!!!!!
    Please hurry as last post to Lapland this week.

Steve

ask1974
    Free Member

Hi Steve. Here goes…

Orange 5 with RP23 and Maxle rear end.
    Fox float 140 RLC forks
    Mavic Crossmax ST wheels with Specialized purgatory 2.3″ tyres
    XT 11/36 cassette
    XT front mech
    XT shifters
    XT brakes with 203 and 180 rotors
    XTR shadow plus rear mech
    XTR 2 x 10 chain set
    Renthall fat boy handle bars and 50mm stem
    Rockshox Reverb post and SDG Bell Air saddle

I think that’s it…

ezzy
    Free Member

ask1974

No don’t think I saw you around Peaslake but did see the bike in the lbs with the forks off when I popped in after the ride. Still looks gorgeous! Such a fantastic build.

ask1974
    Free Member

Ah, the one you saw is the rig they built for sale, it was this bike that pretty much made my mind up aesthetically. I ordered mine two weeks ago but Orange couldn’t get the forks in good time, one of the lads gave them what for on Thursday and got the frame to the store inside 24h. They took the forks of the one you saw.

Mine is a little different as you can see from the list above but the Chrome colour rocks!

Good ride? I’m off to Peaslake next Sunday.

ezzy
    Free Member

That explains it. I do lust after it everytime I’m in the shop.

Ride good thanks. Did a latish one and thought to myself that it’s about time I sorted out some lights but they’re not cheap!

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 60 total)

The topic ‘Better than I ever thought possible. Warning, new bike content.’ is closed to new replies.