Home Forums Chat Forum Better phone screen protector

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Better phone screen protector
  • oldnick

I’ve got an iphone 11, with a silicone case and a screen protector.
    Annoyingly the screen protector is a few mm too small so any swiping up catches the (now chipped) bottom edge.
    Is there a make of screen protector that either fits properly or curves down at the edges?

blokeuptheroad

I am hard on phones and go through screen protectors fast. I’ve recently switched to Otterbox screen protectors and they are thicker, survive more drops without cracking and just last longer than others I’ve used. I pair it with an Otterbox plastic/silicone case.

They are a bit more expensive than the 2 for a fiver jobbies on Amazon, but are definitely better quality and worth it to protect a nice phone imo

a11y

I use JETech-branded ones on my iPhone 11 Pro and they seem decent. Eventually they do chip or crack but generally no complaints.

oldnick

For the benefit of anyone else wanting a slightly better phone screen protector, I’ve ended up with an Olixar screen protector – £4.99 from Mobile Fun.

It has bevelled/curved down smooth edges – so the phone is smooth to swipe from an edge. Holding up well so far.

CountZero

I’ve generally found that using a Rinke silicon case with one of the slightly better glass screen protectors works best, because the case sits slightly higher, so it’s top edge is level with the screen protector. I’ve used them on my last three phones, and I’ve chipped the screen protector a couple of times, but I usually buy two or three at a time, just in case.

I’m waiting for my new phone to turn up, and that’ll have an Otterbox Defender case, and I’ve got a Milomdoi screen and camera lens multipack, three screen protectors and three camera protectors, just in case.
    The main reason for the Otterbox is because I can fit a better lanyard to it, so I’m unlikely to have it break and lose it, or someone snatch it out of my hand if I’m using it – or more likely I’ll drop the thing while I’m using it, and the case is that much stronger.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.